Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 91 - 100 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
hbw248

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #91   Oct 4, 2008 3:19 pm
Comparing the Lindhaus HF6 canister to the Miele Silver Moon 500 series, leaves little in comparison. The Miele wins out, hands down every time. I own them both and know from personal experience the Lindhaus canister is bulky and clumsy. The hose attachement clamp flips up at times while using it and the hose falls off. The canister even tips over and snags on furniture. And no auto cord rewinder to boot.

I've had bad luck with the HF6 from the motor brushes sticking to the exhaust filter retainer clip breaking off. The HEPA filter is thinner and smaller than Miele's and does not seal well, allowing exhaust air to bypass the filter. Very poor design! The canister clips that attach the motor housing to the can fall off all the time.  I've even had problems with the vacuum switch/bag full indicator light malfunctioning. Noise levels are "considerably" louder as well. 

I was happy to see that Lindhaus finally upgraded and made available a high efficiency filtrete type bag. But even with the upgraded bags, the suction and airflow are nowhere near what the Miele produces. I consider the HF6 a disaster for Lindhaus since their other machines are so nice. It does make a nice shop vac and have left it in the garage. That's about all it's good for.

Can't wait for the new Miele S7 uprights to appear. My local dealer is expecting them the middle of October.

Bruce

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by hbw248
CarmineD

Reply #92   Oct 4, 2008 5:53 pm
hbw248 wrote:
Comparing the Lindhaus HF6 canister with Miele ..........

Bruce

HF6 is an older LIndhaus model, probably the oldest of the cann line-up.  Very ancient design and styling, like a Shop Vac, Rexair/rainbow, Filter Queen.  Caters to the old fashioned traditional stand up canister lovers and users.  Not my preference in a cann either.  Carbon active filters are not standard on this model but are available as an extra upgrade.  Tho, HF6 cann has a standard HEPA filter which is Hospital Grade and rated HEPA S.  I believe this model can be bought now for several hundred dollars less than the Miele Silver Moon and also comes with a 10 year warranty.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #93   Oct 4, 2008 6:07 pm
hbw248 wrote:

I've had bad luck with the HF6 from the motor brushes sticking ....

Bruce

This model has the slow start feature to reduce unneeded high amp usage for motor startup.  Probably a contributing reason for the sticking brushes.  Especially if the vacuum is not used daily and sits for long periods of time.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #94   Oct 4, 2008 6:09 pm
hbw248 wrote:
 Noise levels are "considerably" louder as well. 

Bruce

This surprises me on the HF6 which IMHO is very quiet in comparison to canns of the same size and bulk.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #95   Oct 4, 2008 6:12 pm
hbw248 wrote:
I consider the HF6 a disaster for Lindhaus since their other machines are so nice. It does make a nice shop vac and have left it in the garage. That's about all it's good for.

Bruce

I'd say it is a 'has been' for today's canister lovers and users.  However, it is ideal for garage/work shop usage if carpeting is used as a floor covering on part or all of the floor room space.  IMHO, an excellent vacuum for commercial and industrial use, especially at the price about $900 new.  For home canister use, I'd go with one of the newer line of Lindhaus canns which are very comparable and competitive with the best in the Miele S 500/600 line. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #96   Oct 4, 2008 7:31 pm
Hi Bruce, Carmine,

Bruce is correct in his breakdown of the HF6. Every thing he said is true i also have run into the same set of problems he mentioned.Yes its true that the hf6 is lindhaus's problem child.The few great features the machine has are far outweighed by its clumbeness and massive bulk, i would mention also the powernozzles cord and management system its in the stone age.

Its really a shame where lindhaus has such a wonderful upright product that are really the epitone of performance and use,that they just cant get the hf6 right,i really think they missed the mark with the hf6's newer brother the aria,the dealers are really shying away from selling it,and looks to go the same road of the other lindhaus canister machines.

The aria and hf6 are meant to compete with the mieles,bosches,sebos,aerus/electrolux. but just come up short.

Sorry Mr Carp............. but i call things as they are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #97   Oct 4, 2008 7:39 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Bruce, Carmine,

that they just cant get the hf6 right,i really think they missed the mark with the hf6's newer brother the aria,the dealers are really shying away from selling it,and looks to go the same road of the other lindhaus canister machines.

The aria and hf6 are meant to compete with the mieles,bosches,sebos,aerus/electrolux. but just come up short.

Sorry Mr Carp............. but i call things as they are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

I do too!  I'd agree with you, most independent vacuum stores sell the Lindhaus uprights.  The Lindhaus vacuums are rarely ever pushed and/or pitched.  But usually asked for by name by customers who are interested first and foremost in the vacuum's filtration and room air quaility after vacuuming. 

Lindhaus Aria has 3 cann models, if I recall: The Aria, Aria Elite; and Aria Platinum.  All 3 were intro'ed in 2007.  They are so new on the vacuum market they are still rare and hard to find.  The Arias sold are still under warranty [3 years I think].  I suspect the shortfalls of the HF6 are being translated onto the Arias.  I could and may be wrong.  But I would be interested to hear which Arias come up short, where, and why? 

I think the Lindhaus HF6 is too different in design and form from the brands like Miele, Aerus, SEBO to be competitive in that venue.   I think it's in a class by itself and meant to appeal to the old fashioned stand up canister lovers and users.  Not today's canister market buyers/users.   

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #98   Oct 4, 2008 8:10 pm
Hello Carmine,

The aria series has been hit by the vacuum gremlins,cord rewind problems,hose control board problems,latches and wand problems, The canister itself is pretty much standard issue as far as canisters go nothing really there to seperate itself from the mieles,bosches,riccars and sebos of the world. They have played the powerhead game also [a few different looks, none which really compliment the machine as being distinct from the others i mentioned.

If the indy's have problems from the start with a machine they are very hard to win back and are very critical on the product from then on out,I know i have and you have been too.

It's the same old story one minor miscue makes the whole product look bad, but believe you me they are all guilty of the same thing at one time or the other,I would blame it on the outsourcing of parts to the lowest bidder.

Lets face it the chinese have the general opinion just ship it you cant see it from my house,let the greedy americans deal with it.....................

nuff said'''''''''''

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #99   Oct 4, 2008 8:20 pm
Thanks MOLE:

I'm sorry to hear the latest in the Lindhaus cann line falls short in the basic areas of usability.   I would have thought based on the years of attention to detail of the LIndhaus uprights that the Aria canns would measure up and even exceed the likes of the today's cann competition including the foreign imports. 

Do you think Lindhaus will correct and perfect these faults in the future Arias in short order and/or give up/dump the Aria cann line?

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #100   Oct 4, 2008 8:28 pm
I would hope so Carmine if they want to stay committed to the canister powerteam market. It would not be a total loss of business though because their strong point is the top end upright market,they will survive,

If i can mention without starting a WAR , dysons still hanging on even after the dc21 disaster, they should get out of the canister market.......................

MOLE
Replies: 91 - 100 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42