Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 81 - 90 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #81   Sep 25, 2008 9:09 am
mole wrote:

B.T.W. the upright market is really going down the chute,in case you have not noticed................

regards

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

You think and speak like an old time vacuum man.  [God Bless you!]

Ironically, Joanne Richard from the Toronto Sun, who reviewed a dyson DC24 and Miele S7 [posted on this thread] is a self-proclaimed canister loving lady [could be her Canadian culture].  The cann fans are the rise in the USA.  Up to and through the 50's, tanks/canns were more prevalent in US homes than uprights.  The trend changed in the 60's and later, thanks to HOOVER.  But, the vacuum pendulum is swinging back again towards canns.  What's old is new again!

The lines of distinction between vacuum makes are getting blurred too.  Miele S7 looks like a RICCAR Radiance.  HOOVER cann looks like a RICCAR cann!  What gives here?  The times they are a changing.  Brand name loyalty is kaput.  Price and performance are the key reasons.  A $50 Dirt Devil upright cleans and grooms carpets as well as a $700 Kirby!  In tough economic times, [like these now] many vacuum customers prefer the former to the latter.  If the DD lasts a year or 2, rather than 30 years, who cares?  People are worried about keeping the roof over their heads and putting food on the table tomorrow and next week.  Not what vacuum they will pass down to the next generation. 

Miele prices comparable to other high end vacuum store brand prices.  Count on it!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 25, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #82   Sep 25, 2008 11:44 am
Miele may have never been known for an upright, but they have never been known for a BAD upright either.  The Powerhouse models, while not a dedicated Miele design (Panasonic if I recall?), are still good vacuums that are fairly lightweight, reminiscent of the old Sharp uprights.  And their Universal Upright, when equipped with a power nozzle, is a fantastic cleaner, only downside is no brush on/off switch.  Definitely gives cleaners of similar size a run for the money, like Oreck...

I haven't yet seen one in person so I can't tell, but I do agree that the S7 appears to be a bit on the large/heavy side, like the Radiance/Synergy which weigh a TON.  Hopefully, unlike those, the handle grip won't snap off.
This message was modified Sep 25, 2008 by Motorhead
mole

Reply #83   Sep 25, 2008 9:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:

The lines of distinction between vacuum makes are getting blurred too.  Miele S7 looks like a RICCAR Radiance.  HOOVER cann looks like a RICCAR cann!  What gives here?  The times they are a changing.  Brand name loyalty is kaput.  Price and performance are the key reasons.  A $50 Dirt Devil upright cleans and grooms carpets as well as a $700 Kirby!  In tough economic times, [like these now] many vacuum customers prefer the former to the latter.  If the DD lasts a year or 2, rather than 30 years, who cares? 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,as you already observed this trend has been going on for 4 years now, many insiders that you and I know have said this same thing,there is no distinct design differences, bagless,bagged,uprights,canisters,all little clones of each other.

The only companies that have held true to their tradition are AERUS/ELECTROLUX, KIRBY, AND REXAIR/RAINBOW, I would even throw in TRISTAR/COMPACT,Even a few imports have held true also,such as HENRY,SEBO IN THEIR UPRIGHTS[OTHER THAN THE FELIX] which the jurys still out on,The germans have seemed to sell out bosch/miele are almost the same,And the chinese stuff looks like they use the same set of blueprints and specs,

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #84   Sep 26, 2008 9:11 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,as you already observed this trend has been going on for 4 years now, many insiders that you and I know have said this same thing,there is no distinct design differences, bagless,bagged,uprights,canisters,all little clones of each other.

The only companies that have held true to their tradition are AERUS/ELECTROLUX, KIRBY, AND REXAIR/RAINBOW, I would even throw in TRISTAR/COMPACT,Even a few imports have held true also,such as HENRY,SEBO IN THEIR UPRIGHTS[OTHER THAN THE FELIX] which the jurys still out on,The germans have seemed to sell out bosch/miele are almost the same,And the chinese stuff looks like they use the same set of blueprints and specs,

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

God Love these companies and their managements for keeping them unique and classic.  If I were in the vacuum business still, or getting into it now, I would specialize in these vacuum brands exclusively and even perhaps Venson's pick: The Nilfisk not to mention my own fave: Lindhaus.  Might even consider Dave's ORECKS for the older crowd.  And thumb my nose at all the others for giving in and going along to get along. 

Be well vacuum cleaner Old Timer.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 26, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #85   Sep 26, 2008 9:32 am
You know Carmine,I would also say that lindhaus[ although shunned by most vacuum experts because of name reconition] .Make possibly the best vacuum in the world.

They are sold and serviced by true vacuum guy's that know the business,they stay small and have a very loyal following.Not to mention they have not folded into the bagless scheme..............

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #86   Sep 26, 2008 10:30 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,as you already observed this trend has been going on for 4 years now, many insiders that you and I know have said this same thing,there is no distinct design differences, bagless,bagged,uprights,canisters,all little clones of each other.<BR><BR>The only companies that have held true to their tradition are AERUS/ELECTROLUX, KIRBY, AND REXAIR/RAINBOW, I would even throw in TRISTAR/COMPACT,Even a few imports have held true also,such as HENRY,SEBO IN THEIR UPRIGHTS[OTHER THAN THE FELIX] which the jurys still out on,The germans have seemed to sell out bosch/miele are almost the same,And the chinese stuff looks like they use the same set of blueprints and specs,<BR><BR>MOLE

The Simplicity Tandem Motor system, is in my opinion, pretty revolutionary.
CarmineD

Reply #87   Sep 26, 2008 2:13 pm
mole wrote:
You know Carmine,I would also say that lindhaus[ although shunned by most vacuum experts because of name reconition] .Make possibly the best vacuum in the world.

They are sold and serviced by true vacuum guy's that know the business,they stay small and have a very loyal following.Not to mention they have not folded into the bagless scheme..............

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

It's not a household vacuum brand name that many are familiar with.  Not sure you remember this incident.  Not too long ago,  a self-proclaimed vacuum insider/expert posted on a vacuum Forum that Lindhaus vacuums are made in Germany.  I believe at the time the gentleman had been in and around the vacuum business/industry for almost 20 years, if not even longer.      

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #88   Sep 26, 2008 2:35 pm
Hi Carmine,

Despite the name -- I believe Lindhaus is an Italian company.  They are indeed unique.  Both upright and canister power nozzle brush rolls are easily removable and there are plenty of tool options.  There is also a "dam" option for some power nozzles that allows you to spread and work in dry carpet cleaner easily. 

The Lindhaus USA website seems a bit limited but check out the following link to Italy: http://www.lindhaus.it/

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #89   Sep 26, 2008 2:43 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
The Simplicity Tandem Motor system, is in my opinion, pretty revolutionary.

Hello Lucky1:

Agreed.  Lindhaus has the two motor system too: Check out the Diamante upright on the Web Site that Venson was gracious enough to post.  And the "hottie" standing along side the Valzer!  Now that's a piece of equipment that would make any man want to vacuum daily!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #90   Sep 26, 2008 2:46 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Despite the name -- I believe Lindhaus is an Italian company.  They are indeed unique.  Both upright and canister power nozzle brush rolls are easily removable and there are plenty of tool options.  There is also a "dam" option for some power nozzles that allows you to spread and work in dry carpet cleaner easily. 

The Lindhaus USA website seems a bit limited but check out the following link to Italy: http://www.lindhaus.it/

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

Thanks for the Web Site.  You are correct: Definitely Italy, despite the name.  MOLE would probably agree with me that when it comes to vacuum filtration Lindhaus beats them all: Including the Mighty Miele.  Excellent vacuums for those allergic/sensitive to dirt/dust.  As they say in the industry: Born to last.

Carmine D.

Replies: 81 - 90 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42