Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > how to de-dog a Dyson

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

how to de-dog a Dyson
Original Message   Jul 2, 2008 12:12 am
Well, I got my first Dyson and I'm not sure I made the right choice.  I was selling vacuums at Snears when Dyson came to America and I was very familiar with the DC07.  Well, I bought a used DC14 from Craig's List...  I much prefer the simplicity of the DC 07, especially the way the wand and hose work.  That telescoping thing on my model is for the birds.

Anyway, I have a specific problem with mine.  The lady who owned it before me had a dog.  After cutting at least 2 pounds of her hair and white stuffing off the brushroll, I turned it on and it smelled awful!  Just line someone had vacuumed up wet dog hair.  In fact, someone had... there was dog hair caked all over the vacuum in the brushroll housing.  I cleaned it as well as I could... which isn't easy because of the fact that Dyson makes the vacuum so users can't remove their own belt/brushroll (very stupid if you ask me, but I'm sure they get a lot more money for service).  I worked around the brush roll and cleaned the cavity out.  Looks pretty good.  Then I took the filter, cyclone bin assembly, hose, wand, U-bend, and bottom plate to the bathtub for a good soak/scrub.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the dog smell out of the rest of the vacuum... the part I can't take in the bath tub and wash?!

I don't think saving 300 dollars to buy used was worth all this trouble!

This thing sure looks weird sitting beside my Kirbys, Royals, and vintage Hoovers!
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42