Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 95 - 104 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #95   Oct 4, 2008 6:12 pm
hbw248 wrote:
I consider the HF6 a disaster for Lindhaus since their other machines are so nice. It does make a nice shop vac and have left it in the garage. That's about all it's good for.

Bruce

I'd say it is a 'has been' for today's canister lovers and users.  However, it is ideal for garage/work shop usage if carpeting is used as a floor covering on part or all of the floor room space.  IMHO, an excellent vacuum for commercial and industrial use, especially at the price about $900 new.  For home canister use, I'd go with one of the newer line of Lindhaus canns which are very comparable and competitive with the best in the Miele S 500/600 line. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #96   Oct 4, 2008 7:31 pm
Hi Bruce, Carmine,

Bruce is correct in his breakdown of the HF6. Every thing he said is true i also have run into the same set of problems he mentioned.Yes its true that the hf6 is lindhaus's problem child.The few great features the machine has are far outweighed by its clumbeness and massive bulk, i would mention also the powernozzles cord and management system its in the stone age.

Its really a shame where lindhaus has such a wonderful upright product that are really the epitone of performance and use,that they just cant get the hf6 right,i really think they missed the mark with the hf6's newer brother the aria,the dealers are really shying away from selling it,and looks to go the same road of the other lindhaus canister machines.

The aria and hf6 are meant to compete with the mieles,bosches,sebos,aerus/electrolux. but just come up short.

Sorry Mr Carp............. but i call things as they are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #97   Oct 4, 2008 7:39 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Bruce, Carmine,

that they just cant get the hf6 right,i really think they missed the mark with the hf6's newer brother the aria,the dealers are really shying away from selling it,and looks to go the same road of the other lindhaus canister machines.

The aria and hf6 are meant to compete with the mieles,bosches,sebos,aerus/electrolux. but just come up short.

Sorry Mr Carp............. but i call things as they are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

I do too!  I'd agree with you, most independent vacuum stores sell the Lindhaus uprights.  The Lindhaus vacuums are rarely ever pushed and/or pitched.  But usually asked for by name by customers who are interested first and foremost in the vacuum's filtration and room air quaility after vacuuming. 

Lindhaus Aria has 3 cann models, if I recall: The Aria, Aria Elite; and Aria Platinum.  All 3 were intro'ed in 2007.  They are so new on the vacuum market they are still rare and hard to find.  The Arias sold are still under warranty [3 years I think].  I suspect the shortfalls of the HF6 are being translated onto the Arias.  I could and may be wrong.  But I would be interested to hear which Arias come up short, where, and why? 

I think the Lindhaus HF6 is too different in design and form from the brands like Miele, Aerus, SEBO to be competitive in that venue.   I think it's in a class by itself and meant to appeal to the old fashioned stand up canister lovers and users.  Not today's canister market buyers/users.   

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #98   Oct 4, 2008 8:10 pm
Hello Carmine,

The aria series has been hit by the vacuum gremlins,cord rewind problems,hose control board problems,latches and wand problems, The canister itself is pretty much standard issue as far as canisters go nothing really there to seperate itself from the mieles,bosches,riccars and sebos of the world. They have played the powerhead game also [a few different looks, none which really compliment the machine as being distinct from the others i mentioned.

If the indy's have problems from the start with a machine they are very hard to win back and are very critical on the product from then on out,I know i have and you have been too.

It's the same old story one minor miscue makes the whole product look bad, but believe you me they are all guilty of the same thing at one time or the other,I would blame it on the outsourcing of parts to the lowest bidder.

Lets face it the chinese have the general opinion just ship it you cant see it from my house,let the greedy americans deal with it.....................

nuff said'''''''''''

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #99   Oct 4, 2008 8:20 pm
Thanks MOLE:

I'm sorry to hear the latest in the Lindhaus cann line falls short in the basic areas of usability.   I would have thought based on the years of attention to detail of the LIndhaus uprights that the Aria canns would measure up and even exceed the likes of the today's cann competition including the foreign imports. 

Do you think Lindhaus will correct and perfect these faults in the future Arias in short order and/or give up/dump the Aria cann line?

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #100   Oct 4, 2008 8:28 pm
I would hope so Carmine if they want to stay committed to the canister powerteam market. It would not be a total loss of business though because their strong point is the top end upright market,they will survive,

If i can mention without starting a WAR , dysons still hanging on even after the dc21 disaster, they should get out of the canister market.......................

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #101   Oct 5, 2008 7:58 am
Hello MOLE:

Thanks for your insights into the Aria's pitfalls and shortcomings.  I would hope and expect Lindhaus to correct the usability problems of its Aria canns pronto, or suffer the consequences you mentioned: A lack of credibility for the Lindhaus canns by the independent vacuum owners/operators.  The HF6 IMHO is a lost cause.  Niche use only and marginal for a $900 price tag.  Tho, the 10 year warranty is attractive.

Cordwinder, wand, latch and power head problems on a premium priced Aria cann are inexcusable.  I have a $50 HOOVER sourced cann with a cordwinder that works great and has for over a year.  The wands on this HOOVER cann are steel and adjustable.  The wands retail for one third the price of the vacuum.  Workmanship and quality issues causing malfunctions in a $1000 plus cann within the first year of sales are product killers.

I must say that it's rare in the industry for a vacuum maker [foreign and/or domestic] to nail down both a top rate upright and cann model at the same time.  HOOVER never did it despite numerous attempts, IMHO.  More often than not, the lesser of the two [upright/cann] is kept around to complement the household line of floor care products. 

Economic reality sometimes sets in and prevails especially in hard times, like now.  That will, if current conditions continue, be dyson's rude awakening:  i.e. the ill-fated contra-balancing washer.  Classic case of one man's ego over the reality of the product's performance and price.

IF [big IF] Miele nails down a quality upright [and I suspect you have your doubts just like me] it will be one of a hand full and very few who can boast a top of the line cann and top of the line upright both at the same time. 

Like you and Bruce and others, I'm waiting to see the new MIELE upright at my local dealer.  If anyone can, Miele is the one.  Time will tell.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 5, 2008 by CarmineD
Lucky1

Reply #102   Oct 6, 2008 3:51 pm
Quickly used the top line Miele S7 yesterday. a few Quick thoughts

Quality feel

Vacs nicely (but I did not have a Synergy to compare head to head with)

It swivels very nicely as well.

Easy to thrust but a little heavy to pull back.

VERY LONG HOSE and it's not supposed to tip over when it is extended

Bags and Filters easy to change plus HEPA is the same as the canister

Premium price
Venson

Reply #103   Oct 6, 2008 5:02 pm
Hi Lucky1,

Thanks for the news.  Was the model you tried self-propelled?  Pricewise, are we talking above the $600 mark?

Best,

Venson

catlady

Reply #104   Oct 8, 2008 11:37 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Melanie,

You're very welcome.  If you don't mind saying, please let us know what the going price is for the bags.

Best,

Venson

I am really unhappy with the availability and cost of these bags.  These are U style bags.  The cost is almost $17.00 ($16 something, can't remember exactly) for 4 bags!!!  I vacuum almost daily because I have a large number of animals in my home.  I'm going through a 1 bags every 2 weeks.  These bags are going to cost me a fortune and have almost made me regret my decision to buy this vacuum.  Plus my Vac Shop took weeks to get them in after I ran out.  I ended up borrowing a vacuum cleaner while waiting for the bags to come in.
Replies: 95 - 104 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42