Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 85 - 94 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #85   Sep 26, 2008 9:32 am
You know Carmine,I would also say that lindhaus[ although shunned by most vacuum experts because of name reconition] .Make possibly the best vacuum in the world.

They are sold and serviced by true vacuum guy's that know the business,they stay small and have a very loyal following.Not to mention they have not folded into the bagless scheme..............

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #86   Sep 26, 2008 10:30 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,as you already observed this trend has been going on for 4 years now, many insiders that you and I know have said this same thing,there is no distinct design differences, bagless,bagged,uprights,canisters,all little clones of each other.<BR><BR>The only companies that have held true to their tradition are AERUS/ELECTROLUX, KIRBY, AND REXAIR/RAINBOW, I would even throw in TRISTAR/COMPACT,Even a few imports have held true also,such as HENRY,SEBO IN THEIR UPRIGHTS[OTHER THAN THE FELIX] which the jurys still out on,The germans have seemed to sell out bosch/miele are almost the same,And the chinese stuff looks like they use the same set of blueprints and specs,<BR><BR>MOLE

The Simplicity Tandem Motor system, is in my opinion, pretty revolutionary.
CarmineD

Reply #87   Sep 26, 2008 2:13 pm
mole wrote:
You know Carmine,I would also say that lindhaus[ although shunned by most vacuum experts because of name reconition] .Make possibly the best vacuum in the world.

They are sold and serviced by true vacuum guy's that know the business,they stay small and have a very loyal following.Not to mention they have not folded into the bagless scheme..............

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

It's not a household vacuum brand name that many are familiar with.  Not sure you remember this incident.  Not too long ago,  a self-proclaimed vacuum insider/expert posted on a vacuum Forum that Lindhaus vacuums are made in Germany.  I believe at the time the gentleman had been in and around the vacuum business/industry for almost 20 years, if not even longer.      

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 26, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #88   Sep 26, 2008 2:35 pm
Hi Carmine,

Despite the name -- I believe Lindhaus is an Italian company.  They are indeed unique.  Both upright and canister power nozzle brush rolls are easily removable and there are plenty of tool options.  There is also a "dam" option for some power nozzles that allows you to spread and work in dry carpet cleaner easily. 

The Lindhaus USA website seems a bit limited but check out the following link to Italy: http://www.lindhaus.it/

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #89   Sep 26, 2008 2:43 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
The Simplicity Tandem Motor system, is in my opinion, pretty revolutionary.

Hello Lucky1:

Agreed.  Lindhaus has the two motor system too: Check out the Diamante upright on the Web Site that Venson was gracious enough to post.  And the "hottie" standing along side the Valzer!  Now that's a piece of equipment that would make any man want to vacuum daily!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #90   Sep 26, 2008 2:46 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Despite the name -- I believe Lindhaus is an Italian company.  They are indeed unique.  Both upright and canister power nozzle brush rolls are easily removable and there are plenty of tool options.  There is also a "dam" option for some power nozzles that allows you to spread and work in dry carpet cleaner easily. 

The Lindhaus USA website seems a bit limited but check out the following link to Italy: http://www.lindhaus.it/

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

Thanks for the Web Site.  You are correct: Definitely Italy, despite the name.  MOLE would probably agree with me that when it comes to vacuum filtration Lindhaus beats them all: Including the Mighty Miele.  Excellent vacuums for those allergic/sensitive to dirt/dust.  As they say in the industry: Born to last.

Carmine D.

hbw248

Reply #91   Oct 4, 2008 3:19 pm
Comparing the Lindhaus HF6 canister to the Miele Silver Moon 500 series, leaves little in comparison. The Miele wins out, hands down every time. I own them both and know from personal experience the Lindhaus canister is bulky and clumsy. The hose attachement clamp flips up at times while using it and the hose falls off. The canister even tips over and snags on furniture. And no auto cord rewinder to boot.

I've had bad luck with the HF6 from the motor brushes sticking to the exhaust filter retainer clip breaking off. The HEPA filter is thinner and smaller than Miele's and does not seal well, allowing exhaust air to bypass the filter. Very poor design! The canister clips that attach the motor housing to the can fall off all the time.  I've even had problems with the vacuum switch/bag full indicator light malfunctioning. Noise levels are "considerably" louder as well. 

I was happy to see that Lindhaus finally upgraded and made available a high efficiency filtrete type bag. But even with the upgraded bags, the suction and airflow are nowhere near what the Miele produces. I consider the HF6 a disaster for Lindhaus since their other machines are so nice. It does make a nice shop vac and have left it in the garage. That's about all it's good for.

Can't wait for the new Miele S7 uprights to appear. My local dealer is expecting them the middle of October.

Bruce

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by hbw248
CarmineD

Reply #92   Oct 4, 2008 5:53 pm
hbw248 wrote:
Comparing the Lindhaus HF6 canister with Miele ..........

Bruce

HF6 is an older LIndhaus model, probably the oldest of the cann line-up.  Very ancient design and styling, like a Shop Vac, Rexair/rainbow, Filter Queen.  Caters to the old fashioned traditional stand up canister lovers and users.  Not my preference in a cann either.  Carbon active filters are not standard on this model but are available as an extra upgrade.  Tho, HF6 cann has a standard HEPA filter which is Hospital Grade and rated HEPA S.  I believe this model can be bought now for several hundred dollars less than the Miele Silver Moon and also comes with a 10 year warranty.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #93   Oct 4, 2008 6:07 pm
hbw248 wrote:

I've had bad luck with the HF6 from the motor brushes sticking ....

Bruce

This model has the slow start feature to reduce unneeded high amp usage for motor startup.  Probably a contributing reason for the sticking brushes.  Especially if the vacuum is not used daily and sits for long periods of time.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #94   Oct 4, 2008 6:09 pm
hbw248 wrote:
 Noise levels are "considerably" louder as well. 

Bruce

This surprises me on the HF6 which IMHO is very quiet in comparison to canns of the same size and bulk.

Carmine D.

Replies: 85 - 94 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42