Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 115 - 124 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #115   Oct 8, 2008 5:43 pm
How about a nutone cv850,with the centralux attachments or the wessel-werks platinum kit for 699.00, plus install beat that mr miele.............

mole

CarmineD

Reply #116   Oct 8, 2008 6:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,
It's a DC15. It was a demo model I bought from Best Buy about 2 to 3 years ago and I paid $300. It's been doing double duty and I have been using it as my garage vac too (I use only the hose and wand). It's unstoppable and so is it's filtration! It is a bit heavy/feels heavy to turn, true. But also and thus far it has proven bulletproof.
DIB

Excellent price.  But I would not recommend the dyson DC15 for most women users.  It's too much of a monstrosity: Like the HOOVER Z!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 9, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #117   Oct 8, 2008 6:41 pm
Hello Catlady:

The vacuum store owner/operator, knowing the S7 was new, should have provided you a year's supply of bags FREE with the purchase.  One or more of the other 5 buyers got more bags than you did.  

If the cost of bags is a dealer breaker for you, now is an excellent time to sell the S7 on eBay.  You will have many bidders and probably recoup most of your $600 if not all. 

A central vacuum system [CVS] is an excellent option for you.  You can use your 2009 stimulus check to make the purchase.  And the proceeds from the S7 [less the cost of a temp vacuum] for 2008 Holiday shopping.  

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #118   Oct 8, 2008 8:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Catlady:

The vacuum store owner/operator, knowing the S7 was new, should have provided you a year's supply of bags FREE with the purchase.  One or more of the other 5 buyers got more bags than you did.  

If the cost of bags is a dealer breaker for you, now is an excellent time to sell the S7 on eBay.  You will have many bidders and probably recoup most of your $600 if not all. 

A central vacuum system [CVS] is an excellent option for you.  You can use your 2009 stimulus check to make the purchase.  And the proceeds from the S7 [less the cost of a temp vacuum] for 2008 Holiday shopping.  

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Free bags would have been nice but the only thing you get free these days is criticism.  What I can't understand is why the store did not have the foresight to order an ample amount of bags along with the cleaner.  Even though it was a "market test" a buyer should be accomodated with whatever's needed. I am surprised, because when I researched this the Miele helpline said they had bags aplenty. They probably still have a good number on hand even now.

Anyway, the eBay idea is a great one.

Venson 

CarmineD

Reply #119   Oct 9, 2008 6:51 am
Hello Venson:

A year's supply free may be exaggerated.  At least enough to cover Catlady's usage until bags are readily available from the market sources knowing her household needs: 14 pets as I recall.  The S7 bags are still not on the MIELE USA site. 

The good vacuum store owner, if he's been around for awhile, got a liberal supply of bags with those 6 S7 MIELE's.  More than the 2 and/or 3 that come with each model.  No criticism of Catlady's buying persona, but I suspect her enthusiasm for the new MIELE and/or her reluctance to ask, squelched any chances for a reserve of bags from the store owner/operator.  He saved that trump card and deal maker for the more apprehensive, cost conscious and reluctant MIELE S7 buyers.

Carmine D.

catlady

Reply #120   Oct 9, 2008 10:22 am
When I first bought the Miele, my Vac Shop guy told me that he only had 1 box of bags per vacuum and they were not free with the vacuum (I thought they would be).  At that time I paid $15.35 for 5 bags in a plain white box.  I went through those bags in about 2 1/2 months.  When I returned to the Vac Shop he told me they were ordered but never came in and they were having problems getting the bags in.  I waited and waited and borrowed a vaccum from my MIL.  Finally I posted my frustration on here.  I called Miele directly and was connected with a Salesman.  He told me that they had plenty of bags on hand and that my Vac Shop should not have any problems getting them in.  I called the Vac Shop and told them what the Miele Salesman told me and asked them why they were having such a problem getting the bags in.  The guy sounded suprised by what I told him and said he was going to call his Salesperson right away.  A week later I got a call saying the bags were finally in.  That's when I was shocked that the bags were now $16.95 (checked my receipt last night) for just 4 bags.  I thought the bags were always going to be $15.35 for 5 bags and I was more accepting of that. 

I agree that a central vac would be a much better option for me, especially because I have severe asthma.  That is why I clean so often.  So I can continue to do rescue and keep myself somewhat healthy.  I did look into a central vac before the Sebo (that was the one I wanted to buy) and before I finally bought the Miele.  My husband feels that since we want to eventually move into a bigger house in a better neighborhood we should wait and put in a central vac when we get a new house.  He doesn't want to put any more money (such as a central vac) into our current home since it needs so much work already with more important items such as a new roof and ceiling repairs from water damage.

Venson

Reply #121   Oct 9, 2008 11:44 am
catlady wrote:

. . . .I agree that a central vac would be a much better option for me, especially because I have severe asthma.  That is why I clean so often.  So I can continue to do rescue and keep myself somewhat healthy.  I did look into a central vac before the Sebo (that was the one I wanted to buy) and before I finally bought the Miele.  My husband feels that since we want to eventually move into a bigger house in a better neighborhood we should wait and put in a central vac when we get a new house.  He doesn't want to put any more money (such as a central vac) into our current home since it needs so much work already with more important items such as a new roof and ceiling repairs from water damage.

Hi again,

I tried Canadian Tire's toll-free number, 866-746-7287, thinking there might be a way to save you a few bucks on bags by ordering them onlne from across the border.  But I learned -- first -- Canadian Tire does not ship outside of Canada -- and second -- they offer a five-pack of high-filtration bags but they cost $19.99 in Canadian money which would add to about $17.40 in currency.  Still a no-win/no-win situation.

In any event being a lover of animals, or at least animals that don't talk back, I much admire your rescue effort despite the obstacles in your way.  It must mean a chunk of work all around.  Since you have asthma, despite the possible economic advantage I will not suggest trying to re-use the bags.  (Yes, I know I'm talking sin here -- but sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do.)  Yet, to do that would technically void any warranty coverage you're due.

In any event, I hope opportunity for the new home you and your husband are planning for will come soon and that you'll be able to avail yourself of a larger capacity cleaning unit.

Keep up the good work.

Venson

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #122   Oct 9, 2008 3:02 pm
Catlady;

With all the animals in your home, I would have never recommended the machine you have.  At this rate, the cost per year, for bags alone, is going to be approx. $100.00.  I would have recommended a bagless vacuum cleaner and just ask other family members to empty it , if emptying is a problem for you.

With Miele bags, as well as other bags using the polymer, clothlike material,  the amount of debris collected can be much more than   microlined bags before performance is compromised.  The Miele will have tremendous power until the bag can fill no more.  So keep filling.  With other bags I say to chance when 3/4 full, but these bags can hold much more.

A central vacuum system has its advantages like filtering the dirt away from the living area and larger dirt capacity.  There is something I do not know if you have considered in your situation.  You will be vacuuming everyday.  This means that you will have to get the 30ft hose out, plus the other attachments.  You will have to figure out if you want to do this everyday.  There are those who use a regular vacuum cleaner and add a lighter one, because they do not want to even pull out the full-sized vacuum cleaner.
This message was modified Oct 9, 2008 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #123   Oct 9, 2008 3:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I suspect her enthusiasm for the new MIELE and/or her reluctance to ask, squelched any chances for a reserve of bags from the store owner/operator.  He saved that trump card and deal maker for the more apprehensive, cost conscious and reluctant MIELE S7 buyers.

Carmine D.

Hello Catlady:

I'm sorry to hear that the good vacuum store owner/operator did not offer the bags to you with the sale but instead nickel and dimed you for $15 more. 

If you an/or your husband signaled any unwillingness to spend $600 on the new MIELE S7, I would guarantee you that the store owner/operator would have sweetened the deal with a free box of bags.  Why?  To make the sale.  He would not have lost a $600 vacuum sale and a future customer for $15 worth of bags.  If he did, he would not be in the high end [read expensive] vacuum sales market for very long.

Mike's point is well made and taken.  $100 per year for bags [at $4 per bag] is a deal breaker for the MIELE S7 unless you like throwing money away.  What if the price goes up to $5 per bag.  That's $125 per year for the bags.  That's 20 percent of the cost of the vacuum for one year's worth of bags.  You should be very upset with your present/future predicament.  Unless you did not specifically tell the seller you had 14 pets, and/or specifically told him you did not want a bagless, he sold you a bill of goods with the MIELE and the bags.  If the MIELE lasts 20 years, and it will, at $100 plus per year for bags, you're facing a $2000 plus future bill for bags.  Something to consider seriously if you decide to keep the Miele.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #124   Oct 9, 2008 9:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Catlady:

I'm sorry to hear that the good vacuum store owner/operator did not offer the bags to you with the sale but instead nickel and dimed you for $15 more. 

If you an/or your husband signaled any unwillingness to spend $600 on the new MIELE S7, I would guarantee you that the store owner/operator would have sweetened the deal with a free box of bags.  Why?  To make the sale.  He would not have lost a $600 vacuum sale and a future customer for $15 worth of bags.  If he did, he would not be in the high end [read expensive] vacuum sales market for very long.

Mike's point is well made and taken.  $100 per year for bags [at $4 per bag] is a deal breaker for the MIELE S7 unless you like throwing money away.  What if the price goes up to $5 per bag.  That's $125 per year for the bags.  That's 20 percent of the cost of the vacuum for one year's worth of bags.  You should be very upset with your present/future predicament.  Unless you did not specifically tell the seller you had 14 pets, and/or specifically told him you did not want a bagless, he sold you a bill of goods with the MIELE and the bags.  If the MIELE lasts 20 years, and it will, at $100 plus per year for bags, you're facing a $2000 plus future bill for bags.  Something to consider seriously if you decide to keep the Miele.

Carmine D.

$2600 for 5 years of vacuuming.  Dyson is loking better all the time.
Replies: 115 - 124 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42