Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sears Premalite TV Ad for $379

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Sears Premalite TV Ad for $379
Original Message   Dec 31, 2007 5:26 pm
I saw this ad recently on TV.  Haven't seen the vacuum up close and personal yet.  But at 16 pounds with metal alloy components and a cord winder, it appears to have some desirable features.

Carmine D.

Replies: 21 - 30 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Acerone

Re: Sears Premalite TV Ad for $379
Reply #21   Mar 11, 2008 5:35 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Acerone,</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </font></p></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">I have heard it is made of too thin of materials and prone to breaking and bending/denting (wand).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>What did Sears say about it?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">        </span>DIB</font>

I bought one on Ebay for $69.00 and ordered the broken piece from Sears parts department and was told I should have the part within 7 days, 30 days later no part... So I went to Sears asking if they had the part in the store and the sale clerk said no and suggested that I bring mine in for a exchange... Even though I didn't buy it from Sears... She said it's a lemon and let me exchange it for something else and I picked the Dyson DC21 canister... :)
Venson

Reply #22   Mar 11, 2008 6:04 pm
Hi Acerone,

It's highly unusual for Sears to make exchanges without the original receipts.

Venson

Acerone

Reply #23   Mar 11, 2008 6:08 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Acerone,</p><p>It's highly unusual for Sears to make exchanges without the original receipts.</p><p>Venson

I know... And guess what came today by UPS... That broken part...
CarmineD

Reply #24   Mar 12, 2008 7:53 am
VAX used the aluminum alloy handle in one piece and it appears very sturdy.  Wonder if the Premalite handle is halved to make it more compact for boxing and shipping?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2008 by CarmineD
Acerone

Reply #25   Mar 12, 2008 8:06 am
By the way... Even though the piece was missing I still was able to use the vacuum... It wasn't all that bad but it did have a problem vacuuming up fuzz $#%*... And when you picked up the vacuum while it was runny... For get it... Dust flew everywhere...
CarmineD

Reply #26   Mar 12, 2008 8:48 am
Acerone wrote:
By the way... Even though the piece was missing I still was able to use the vacuum... It wasn't all that bad but it did have a problem vacuuming up fuzz $#%*... And when you picked up the vacuum while it was runny... For get it... Dust flew everywhere...

Ace:

Your vacuum may need attention since it was sold on ebay.  Did you check the filters and make sure thay are clean and fitted properly?  Did you check the dirt by pass path from brush nozzle to the dirt bin opening to make sure there are no obstructions and clogs?  Either and/or both could cause the problems you describe. 

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #27   Mar 12, 2008 9:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Ace:</p><p>Your vacuum may need attention since it was sold on ebay.  Did you check the filters and make sure thay are clean and fitted properly?  Did you check the dirt by pass path from brush nozzle to the dirt bin opening to make sure there are no obstructions and clogs?  Either and/or both could cause the problems you describe.  </p><p>Carmine D.

Carmine,

Yes, my vacuum was new. The only issue with it was the broken piece and that's why I bought it..
HARDSELL

Reply #28   Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Ace:

Your vacuum may need attention since it was sold on ebay.  Did you check the filters and make sure thay are clean and fitted properly?  Did you check the dirt by pass path from brush nozzle to the dirt bin opening to make sure there are no obstructions and clogs?  Either and/or both could cause the problems you describe. 

Carmine D.

Ir Ace was referring to a Dyson you would be telling that is a POS.  You want us to believe that only Dyson is the problem and not the user. Your credibility would be better if you presented the fact that all vacuums have problems. 

Could it be that this Sears vac is a POS and overpriced.  Almost $400 for a vac that is likely a lemon.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2008 by HARDSELL
CarmineD

Reply #29   Mar 12, 2008 5:55 pm
Acerone wrote:
Carmine,

Yes, my vacuum was new. The only issue with it was the broken piece and that's why I bought it..

Ace:

For $69 you can't go wrong.  I'm curious about the new box size of the vacuum:  In comparison to say the dyson carton, how does the box size of the Premalite measure up?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #30   Mar 12, 2008 6:01 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Ir Ace was referring to a Dyson you would be telling that is a POS.  You want us to believe that only Dyson is the problem and not the user. Your credibility would be better if you presented the fact that all vacuums have problems. 

Could it be that this Sears vac is a POS and overpriced.  Almost $400 for a vac that is likely a lemon.

He my man:

You saved me the trouble. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 21 - 30 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42