Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Hoover Z . . .
Original Message   Feb 10, 2008 12:30 pm
The Hoover Z was certainly not a great idea but at least looked like it might be.  It's main failing for all its feature is the rather small mesh filter between the dust bin and the self-cleaning filter.  It can become clogged relatively quickly and bring about a noticable drop-off of its already lackluster suction.  The compartmentalized dust collection set-up -- a compartment for incoming dirt and another for dust shed by the rotating filter -- also does no lend to easy emptying. However, that's all old news.

I visited a Home Depot in lower Manhattan about two days ago and was surprised to find the "Z" still for sale -- for $50.00.  After all this time, this isn't flattering.  It may not be good business, but I wonder why Hoover just didn't do a recall.  After all we're talking about a vacuum that hit the market at around $500 or more and that has been allowed to hang around on shelves as its price has plummeted down to ten-percent of what it was initially.  Of course a recall would have meant a loss to Hoover but might have meant saving face regarding this particular item.  This also might not have been possible due to plans for the company's changing of hands.

Though I hate the fixed prices some manufacturers demand their vacuums must be sold for, I must admit there may be some point to the practice regarding the maintenance of supposed value.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 27 of 27View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 27 of 27View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42