Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Oreck/ XL 21
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:54 am
How can Mr Oreck,offer a 21 year warranty ,this must be one hell of a product

MOLE

Replies: 66 - 75 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Oreck/ XL 21
Reply #66   Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm
On a more serious note, in regards to Just's post about a secondary machine, I agree that while the Roomba has improved since it was first introduced, it hasn't been perfected enough to where I would want to use one in between cleanings.  One thing I noticed was that the Roomba still cleans by "random walk" method rather than mapping out the room in a set pattern.  Some areas remain untouched or passed over once or twice, while others receive multiple passes.

I'd rather use an actual lightweight vacuum for an "in-between" machine, such as the Tacony or even the TTI-made lightweight, both of which I like and to me are good machines.
CarmineD

Reply #67   Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm
Motorhead wrote:

Since this thread was originally about Orecks, if I was the one who had turned it into a Dyson discussion I would apologize for "hijacking" the thread.  However, if you look through the posts...none of the Dyson supporters here (including myself) started in on it in the beginning!  It was only when the "Oreck vs. Dyson" comparison was brought up that I and others decided to add our 2 cents.  So, in the end, who really encouraged it and changed the focus of the thread? 

You should know the answer to that question.  You.  How?  By accusing [on more than one occasion] Oreck of bashing dyson.  Or your comment: Don't even get me started on the Oreck canister!   Which happens to be a favorite of mine!  And what does it have to do with the Oreck XL 21?  Are you going to look back and devise a phony excuse to blame this comment on somebody else too?

The link I posted [which came off this board] with a checklist of comparative features and specifications for Oreck vice dyson is not dyson bashing.  As I explained already.  It deteriorated to a free for all when ALL the dyson posters jumped on board and used the link [as an excuse as you mentioned] to "hijack" the thread.  Excellent word.  It's exactly what you ALL did.  Ironically, DIB was not in that free for all with you and the dyson fans.  Until the end of the foray between you and I.  I guess, he felt it necessary to put in his 2 cents worth, as you like to say. On your behalf of course.  By bashing Mole and I with a hypothetical question and event that never happened.  Why does this technique have such an old familiar ring to it?   Almost 6 years in the making. 

This is a common ploy and practice by dysoners.  Why?  To take vacuum Forums hostage and use them as self-serving dyson boards to praise and glorify all dyson products whether they are vacuums or not.  I'd defintely say that's promoting.  And it's easy to spot you.  You all have dyson related names either their products/company name.  Well, there are alot more vacuum products better and able to serve consumer needs than your favorite brand dyson.  As a vacuum collector you know that firsthand.  If I am to understand your summary findings on the dyson vacuums, you don't like the DC07, DC14, DC15, but do like the DC17.  I'm not sure about your take on the DC18.  But since there is someone on here with that name, dyson fans have it covered.

I think from the reactions and posts here, we [myself included] are onto you and your dyson ways and means.  

And if you ALL continue with the same dyson methods as the past, it should get very interesting on here.  Like it has recently.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #68   Jan 31, 2008 2:15 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
For this purpose I think the Oreck, Simplicy Freedom or the Roomba fills a nice area of the segment. 

Of these three I would have to say I'd buy the Freedom. The roomba although getting better is still a toy. If your thinking about the base Oreck vs the Freedom 3600... The freedom has a Bigger Fan, has 2 Speeds vs 1 on the Oreck, a shorter and stiffer brush roll vs a softer, thicker bristle (which sometimes is hard to push on a thick carpet and doesn't dig as deep), Freedom has 6 wheels, availability of very high quality cloth bags (not sure if you can get them at Oreck for the XL(maybe) and it is actually lighter (slightly).

Excellent lightweight vacuums.  Consumer Reports consistently rates the RICCAR SupraLite [and the Simplicity Freedom series] above Orecks.  In the latest rankings and ratings, they garner an 8 overall while Oreck manages an 11.  Prices for the RICCAR and Simplicity are comparable to the Oreck XL Deluxe models at $300-$400.  But of course, the Oreck price includes the giveaways.

A similar lightweight upright as the RICCAR is badged as a HOOVER Ultra Lightweight.  And HOOVER recently, under the tutalege of TTI, brought a new lightweight upright to market similar to all the above for about $200.  These HOOVER uprights are sold through the big box retailers. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #69   Jan 31, 2008 4:00 pm
Motorhead wrote:
On a more serious note, in regards to Just's post about a secondary machine,

Very telling introductory remark, which followed your "let's all make up and be nice again" on this thread. 

I infer that the 'hijacking' [your word, not mine] of this thread and the ensuing Oreck bashing are not serious matters in your view.  Just another fun time had by all on the Forum for you and the dysoners.  Until you are challenged.  Since you now announced the desist and retreat, you are ready to put out the word that its time now to get serious.  And back to the business of this Forum.  Thank you for your permission.  

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #70   Jan 31, 2008 4:17 pm
It is really time to let this thing go.  It does not mean that it will go away.  It will come back again, I am sure.  Everyone has said their peace about the subject.

Mike W.(Moderator)
CarmineD

Reply #71   Jan 31, 2008 4:49 pm
Mike_W wrote:
It is really time to let this thing go.  It does not mean that it will go away.  It will come back again, I am sure.  Everyone has said their peace about the subject.

Mike W.(Moderator)

If the past is any prediction of the future, you can count on it.  And I'm ready to rumble.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by a moderator
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #72   Feb 1, 2008 6:18 pm
Yes this link is just about the Oreck XL21 but as there was a link posted on this thread to Oreck website where Oreck was comparing it to Dyson that is why the subject has digressed!  All I can say it answered one question for me.  Oreck can not replace or do as good a job of a full size vacuum even though Oreck says it can on his website a few of you have proved and mentioned it 's  used as a second cleaner and a full size vacuum is used for deeper vacuuming!  I'd rather do a proper job to start of with!

DC18

This message was modified Feb 1, 2008 by DC18
DC18

Reply #73   Feb 1, 2008 6:24 pm
Thanks Just for your comments/observations.

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #74   Feb 2, 2008 7:26 am
DC18 wrote:
Yes this link is just about the Oreck XL21 but as there was a link posted on this thread to Oreck website where Oreck was comparing it to Dyson that is why the subject has digressed!  All I can say it answered one question for me.  Oreck can not replace or do as good a job of a full size vacuum even though Oreck says it can on his website a few of you have proved and mentioned it 's  used as a second cleaner and a full size vacuum is used for deeper vacuuming!  I'd rather do a proper job to start of with!

DC18

Well smartee, add this to my observations and comments.

As I said, I use the Oreck daily for vacuuming and complement with a full size like the HOOVER WT weekly and as needed.

This week I changed up.  I noted the HOOVER's full bag indicator was beginning to edge off it's mark.  Not that it is full.  Probably half.  I don't wait until it fully engages and the bag is full.  In part because of my dear Wife's allergy and sinus issues.

So, this week I've been vacuuming with the HOOVER.  Any full size would do.  In part, because I want to change the bag this week [tomorrow].

Well, after a week of doing so [vacuuming with the full size], this morning I threw my back out feeding the dog.  Bending over as I do all the time.  Old Army injury.  But aggravated over the years with age and neglect and abuse. It will take about 14 days to get back to normal with a routine of 3 kinds of medications [all prescription] daily with different dosages starting on full to final weaning off as pain subsides.  Of course the medications have other physical side effects which I've learned to deal with.

No doubt the reason is using the HOOVER this week and not the Oreck.  And my dear Wife will tell me so, as she's done in the past.  Let me also add, that the HOOVER WT has the embedded dirt finder lights.  And without fail, whenever I change from Oreck to HOOVER, and vacuum over the areas I used the Oreck, the HOOVER indicator stays green.  NO dirt.  Not with the dyson DC07 Pink.  Use the dyson, vacuum over with the HOOVER and red light stays on for a few passes [picking up] , then goes green.

My sense is there are about 80 million or more Americans like me [read old with physical limitations] in the US.  Perfect candidates for Oreck and lightweight vacuums.  Not to mention all the hotel and motel staff who would eventually develop similar back problems problems as mine if they lugged dysons and full sized vacuums around for daily cleaning for years.  No doubt the reason, in part, jaydee added the DC18 for which you took your name here and a bunch of new baby dysons.  Maybe he's looking to tap into Oreck's lock on the hotel and motel rug cleaning in the US?  NEVER HAPPEN. 

LIke your other dyson buddies here and on other vacuum Forums you too look for excuses and others to blame to promote your pro dyson drivel whenever you can.  Own up and continue to post your dyson pics which is what you are good at.  You and your dyson clan want to continue bashing Oreck here, I'm ready to take you on and defend it.  Let's get it on.  

Mike if you want to lock this thread, censor me, edit and/or whatever else you do as Moderator when the dysoners get out of control, do it.  That's what the dysoners want isn't it?  And you oblige and fall right into their hands.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Reply #75   Feb 2, 2008 7:58 am
I'm not 'bashing' Oreck just making observations and general comments from comments and links put on this and any other thread on here.

I'm not getting into an argument or debate as there is no need too.   I don't use excuses or lay blame on other products to make Dyson look good.  I just make inpartical observations and comments like everyone else on here.

DC18

This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by DC18
Replies: 66 - 75 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42