Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Oreck/ XL 21
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:54 am
How can Mr Oreck,offer a 21 year warranty ,this must be one hell of a product

MOLE

Replies: 58 - 67 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Oreck/ XL 21
Reply #58   Jan 31, 2008 3:40 am
CarmineD wrote:
CR has NEVER questioned and/or doubted the CRI certification.  NEVER.  I agreed with CR on the Ionic Breeze.  I said so on several Forums BEFORE the Ionic Breeze buyers brought a class action suit against it and won.

You can impugn and deny the reliability of the CRI certification all you want.   That's your right.  But it doesn't make you right. 

YOU CAN'T DETERMINE AND DICTATE TO ME AND OTHERS WHAT CERTIFICATIONS ARE VALID AND/OR RELEVANT AS SUPPORT FOR THEIR VACUUM CLEANER PURCHASE DECISIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.  Just because you don't agree.  That's arrogant and haughty on your part. 

Let people decide for themselves what and who they believe and why.  If it's you-fine.  If it's CRI, that's their right just as it is your right not to believe.  

Why are you "bashing" the CRI certification?  Do you concrete evidence of CRI certifications that are wrong, bad, and/or unsubstantiated?  Please share with us here.  Or, are you just bashing CRI because I and others choose to accept their findings about HOOVER and ORECK but you don't?  Either way, I don't really care what you think about the CRI certifications.  I use them and I recommend them and I will continue to.  So do many other industry insiders and outsiders. 

Citing an irrelevant and totally unrelated certification for a scam fad product not related in any way to the vacuum industry and vacuums HAS ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE IOTA OF AN EFFECT AND IMPACT on the CRI Certification and its reliability.  None whatsover.  In other words, it is completely and utterly ridiculous. 

Carmine D.

Abby's Guide Terms of Service.

User must agree with all of the following statements prior to becoming a member.

AbbysGuide is a community of people helping people make good decisions. Please treat people how you would like to be treated. Foul language, personal attacks or behavior that is disruptive to the helpful atmosphere of the sites will result in that member being banned from the sites.  Here.

Carmine, your way out of line.  You’ve posted 164 times in 30 days, most of which attack Dyson, the man, his people, his products and his supporters.  I and others post some pretty cool and hard to find information and pictures, a commodity for Google indexing and searching.  Is this the Carmine blog?   I do though wonder if, God forbid, a kid gets on here (indiscernibly) and posts their love for their moms Dyson only to have you and mole jump down his or her throat.       DIB

This message was modified Jan 31, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #59   Jan 31, 2008 7:23 am
This isn't your blog and/or a dyson web site either.  Which is what most recent vacuum Forums have become:  Everything that is dyson even if it is unrelated to vacuums [read dyson airblades, ball barrels and washers]. 

This thread according to the subject is about the Oreck XL 21.  Several posts and posters are intentionally using it to promote the dyson at the expense of Oreck.  How?  By BASHING the Oreck and bashing industry authorities, sources and experts like Consumer Reports and the Carpet and Rug Institute which praise and/or approve Orecks.  In most cases, over dysons.  Both of which [CR and CRI] in addition to ORECK advertise on this site.  JUST LIKE DYSON retailers advertise here.  In part the reason for the Abbey's guidelines on verbal civility and decorum.

Did you miss those posts and posters because your focus is pro-dyson and anti anyone who posts to the contrary?  Like me?  

I like my Oreck XL Classic [as does my dear Wife and two family members I gifted them to].  The Oreck XL Classic for $150 outperforms the dyson DC07 pink for $400 in my home hands down.  I've reviewed the Oreck XL Classic on this site.  I could have reviewed the DC07 pink too, which was terrible.  And document in my dyson review the useless and foolish assistance I received from their technical support.  Which after several attempts was finally: Return the dyson to the retailer for a full refund, it will not clean your carpets.  I did not, YET.  But perhaps I will in the future.  To the dyson tech assistance credit, its advice about dysons is the same as my builder and his rug supplier and subcontractors:  Don't buy and use any dyson products on your carpets.

On this thread, I will respond to attacks and negative comments by Oreck bashers.  I have that privilege and the wherewithal.

If you don't like what I say about the Oreck XL Classic, then skip over my posts.  Read/post dyson pictures and dyson information instead.  You are very good at this too and in the process you are promoting jaydee and all his products.  You are proud of doing it!  You relish in it.  No doubt the reason for the name you use here.  I prefer to use my real name and real identity.  Not a fictitious one with specific product/company overtones. 

Different strokes for different folks!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #60   Jan 31, 2008 9:08 am
Motorhead wrote:
On a hunch, I decided to Google both "Dyson vs. Oreck" and "Oreck vs. Dyson" and see what I came up with. 

The results?  Blog site #1
                         Blog site #2
                         Forum thread #1
                         Forum thread #2
                         And lastly, an Amazon review.

What can I say?  The proof is in the pudding (or in this case, the pictures).  I got similar results when Googling "Dyson Oreck comparison".

Notice on the two threads on two different forums, you tend to see a few people who had bad experiences with Dysons, but the number of people who praise the Dyson far outweighs that.

I would say that the opinions given,are from people that either work for dyson,or no someone that works or have worked for dyson.And i might add that they are giving FACTS that  are based on the DYSON PROPAGANGA BOOKLET.

I just love my dyson dc21 canister,because they said it never has to be repaired or will break,and has a lifetime warranty.[THIS MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE IT WAS ON THE BLOG.]

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #61   Jan 31, 2008 9:51 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

I do though wonder if, God forbid, a kid gets on here (indiscernibly) and posts their love for their moms Dyson only to have you and mole jump down his or her throat.       DIB

This statement and reference is meaningless and utterly ridiculous.  It never happened save your speculation that it may/could.

I and others can make the same hypothesis about an innocent youngster posting his/her love for an Oreck XL on this thread and the likely reponses from some pro-dyson posters in return.  My hypothesis is more likely too since Orecks are much easier and simpler to use than dysons.  

It's an attack [read bashing] on Mole and I by you.  We have said and done nothing like it.

Carmine D.

Just

Reply #62   Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am
I just wanted to thank you all for your input and passions.

Motorhead, thank you for posting the links.  They were very informative.

I would lke to say that the purpose of the discussion between Carmine D., Mole and myself were not meant to compare the two machines; for as I have stated in a prior post it is an unfair comparison.   I am currently interested in the Oreck or Simplicity Freedom as a second (ok actually fifth) vacuum in my home.  I am interested in a light weight for quick jobs.  I would retain my monsters for the heavy cleaning.  

For this purpose I think the Oreck, Simplicy Freedom or the Roomba fills a nice area of the segment.  To say they would be a replacement for a larger more powerful machine would be about as unfair of a comparison as if  one were to compare off road ability of a Hummer and an Aveo.  The two were designed for different purposes and thus perform a different duty.

I do feel as the Boomers age they will be migrating to lighter, easier to manuver machines in order to remain independent.  As I stated before the most effective vacuum is one that is used.  If someone is more incined to pull an Oreck out of the closet a couple of times a week; it will be more effective than a heavier vac that is used once a month.

My dream for the future is to have a central vac installed.  To compare a central to a portable again would be unfair they each have their advantages and disadvantages.  The biggest advantage to a Central vac--The neighbors can't ask to borrow it.

Have a great day all.

mole

Reply #63   Jan 31, 2008 12:21 pm
Motorhead wrote:
On a hunch, I decided to Google both "Dyson vs. Oreck" and "Oreck vs. Dyson" and see what I came up with. 

The results?  Blog site #1
                         Blog site #2
                         Forum thread #1
                         Forum thread #2
                         And lastly, an Amazon review.

What can I say?  The proof is in the pudding (or in this case, the pictures).  I got similar results when Googling "Dyson Oreck comparison".

Notice on the two threads on two different forums, you tend to see a few people who had bad experiences with Dysons, but the number of people who praise the Dyson far outweighs that.

How come the posters ,most of time mention that their dysons are expensive but worth every penny,are they trying to justify getting ripped off.

B.T.W . quess who's making the money, I clue you guys in it's not the dealers.

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #64   Jan 31, 2008 12:30 pm
Just wrote:
For this purpose I think the Oreck, Simplicy Freedom or the Roomba fills a nice area of the segment. 

Of these three I would have to say I'd buy the Freedom. The roomba although getting better is still a toy. If your thinking about the base Oreck vs the Freedom 3600... The freedom has a Bigger Fan, has 2 Speeds vs 1 on the Oreck, a shorter and stiffer brush roll vs a softer, thicker bristle (which sometimes is hard to push on a thick carpet and doesn't dig as deep), Freedom has 6 wheels, availability of very high quality cloth bags (not sure if you can get them at Oreck for the XL(maybe) and it is actually lighter (slightly).
Motorhead

Reply #65   Jan 31, 2008 1:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
CR has NEVER questioned and/or doubted the CRI certification.  NEVER.  I agreed with CR on the Ionic Breeze.  I said so on several Forums BEFORE the Ionic Breeze buyers brought a class action suit against it and won.

You can impugn and deny the reliability of the CRI certification all you want.   That's your right.  But it doesn't make you right. 

YOU CAN'T DETERMINE AND DICTATE TO ME AND OTHERS WHAT CERTIFICATIONS ARE VALID AND/OR RELEVANT AS SUPPORT FOR THEIR VACUUM CLEANER PURCHASE DECISIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.  Just because you don't agree.  That's arrogant and haughty on your part. 

Let people decide for themselves what and who they believe and why.  If it's you-fine.  If it's CRI, that's their right just as it is your right not to believe.  

Why are you "bashing" the CRI certification?  Do you concrete evidence of CRI certifications that are wrong, bad, and/or unsubstantiated?  Please share with us here.  Or, are you just bashing CRI because I and others choose to accept their findings about HOOVER and ORECK but you don't?  Either way, I don't really care what you think about the CRI certifications.  I use them and I recommend them and I will continue to.  So do many other industry insiders and outsiders. 

Citing an irrelevant and totally unrelated certification for a scam fad product not related in any way to the vacuum industry and vacuums HAS ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE IOTA OF AN EFFECT AND IMPACT on the CRI Certification and its reliability.  None whatsover.  In other words, it is completely and utterly ridiculous. 

Carmine D.

Carmine, read my post again.  I NEVER mentioned CR bringing up the CRI certification; they never did.  What I DID say was that CR DID bring the AAFA and British Allergy Foundation to light in an air purifier test a few years ago, and I put that CRI certification in the same category.  Yes, it may be an assumption on my part until I'm able to dig up some valid proof, but it's a logical one...it doesn't take rocket science to read through all of those "certifications" on ANY product out there, not just vacuums or air purifiers.  I wasn't trying to be "arrogant" or "haughty", nor was I trying to impose any suggestions of any kind for anyone on what to believe.  Indeed, there are some who take these ratings or certifications seriously and some who don't, it doesn't matter to me AT ALL and never did.  Your comment borderlined on a personal attack for saying so. 

CarmineD wrote:
This isn't your blog and/or a dyson web site either.  Which is what most recent vacuum Forums have become:  Everything that is dyson even if it is unrelated to vacuums [read dyson airblades, ball barrels and washers]. 

This thread according to the subject is about the Oreck XL 21.  Several posts and posters are intentionally using it to promote the dyson at the expense of Oreck.  How?  By BASHING the Oreck and bashing industry authorities, sources and experts like Consumer Reports and the Carpet and Rug Institute which praise and/or approve Orecks.  In most cases, over dysons.  Both of which [CR and CRI] in addition to ORECK advertise on this site.  JUST LIKE DYSON retailers advertise here.  In part the reason for the Abbey's guidelines on verbal civility and decorum.

Did you miss those posts and posters because your focus is pro-dyson and anti anyone who posts to the contrary?  Like me?  

I like my Oreck XL Classic [as does my dear Wife and two family members I gifted them to].  The Oreck XL Classic for $150 outperforms the dyson DC07 pink for $400 in my home hands down.  I've reviewed the Oreck XL Classic on this site.  I could have reviewed the DC07 pink too, which was terrible.  And document in my dyson review the useless and foolish assistance I received from their technical support.  Which after several attempts was finally: Return the dyson to the retailer for a full refund, it will not clean your carpets.  I did not, YET.  But perhaps I will in the future.  To the dyson tech assistance credit, its advice about dysons is the same as my builder and his rug supplier and subcontractors:  Don't buy and use any dyson products on your carpets.

On this thread, I will respond to attacks and negative comments by Oreck bashers.  I have that privilege and the wherewithal.

If you don't like what I say about the Oreck XL Classic, then skip over my posts.  Read/post dyson pictures and dyson information instead.  You are very good at this too and in the process you are promoting jaydee and all his products.  You are proud of doing it!  You relish in it.  No doubt the reason for the name you use here.  I prefer to use my real name and real identity.  Not a fictitious one with specific product/company overtones. 

Different strokes for different folks!

Carmine D.

Since this thread was originally about Orecks, if I was the one who had turned it into a Dyson discussion I would apologize for "hijacking" the thread.  However, if you look through the posts...none of the Dyson supporters here (including myself) started in on it in the beginning!  It was only when the "Oreck vs. Dyson" comparison was brought up that I and others decided to add our 2 cents.  So, in the end, who really encouraged it and changed the focus of the thread? 

I wouldn't consider any of us "promoting" Dysons, just like I wouldn't consider anyone else "promoting" anything else.  We like them because we like them, that's all there is to it.  People have positive and negative experiences with every machine, we happen to have had a positive experience using Dysons.  No different from anyone liking Hoover, Oreck, Miele, Riccar, or any other brand.
Motorhead

Reply #66   Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm
On a more serious note, in regards to Just's post about a secondary machine, I agree that while the Roomba has improved since it was first introduced, it hasn't been perfected enough to where I would want to use one in between cleanings.  One thing I noticed was that the Roomba still cleans by "random walk" method rather than mapping out the room in a set pattern.  Some areas remain untouched or passed over once or twice, while others receive multiple passes.

I'd rather use an actual lightweight vacuum for an "in-between" machine, such as the Tacony or even the TTI-made lightweight, both of which I like and to me are good machines.
CarmineD

Reply #67   Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm
Motorhead wrote:

Since this thread was originally about Orecks, if I was the one who had turned it into a Dyson discussion I would apologize for "hijacking" the thread.  However, if you look through the posts...none of the Dyson supporters here (including myself) started in on it in the beginning!  It was only when the "Oreck vs. Dyson" comparison was brought up that I and others decided to add our 2 cents.  So, in the end, who really encouraged it and changed the focus of the thread? 

You should know the answer to that question.  You.  How?  By accusing [on more than one occasion] Oreck of bashing dyson.  Or your comment: Don't even get me started on the Oreck canister!   Which happens to be a favorite of mine!  And what does it have to do with the Oreck XL 21?  Are you going to look back and devise a phony excuse to blame this comment on somebody else too?

The link I posted [which came off this board] with a checklist of comparative features and specifications for Oreck vice dyson is not dyson bashing.  As I explained already.  It deteriorated to a free for all when ALL the dyson posters jumped on board and used the link [as an excuse as you mentioned] to "hijack" the thread.  Excellent word.  It's exactly what you ALL did.  Ironically, DIB was not in that free for all with you and the dyson fans.  Until the end of the foray between you and I.  I guess, he felt it necessary to put in his 2 cents worth, as you like to say. On your behalf of course.  By bashing Mole and I with a hypothetical question and event that never happened.  Why does this technique have such an old familiar ring to it?   Almost 6 years in the making. 

This is a common ploy and practice by dysoners.  Why?  To take vacuum Forums hostage and use them as self-serving dyson boards to praise and glorify all dyson products whether they are vacuums or not.  I'd defintely say that's promoting.  And it's easy to spot you.  You all have dyson related names either their products/company name.  Well, there are alot more vacuum products better and able to serve consumer needs than your favorite brand dyson.  As a vacuum collector you know that firsthand.  If I am to understand your summary findings on the dyson vacuums, you don't like the DC07, DC14, DC15, but do like the DC17.  I'm not sure about your take on the DC18.  But since there is someone on here with that name, dyson fans have it covered.

I think from the reactions and posts here, we [myself included] are onto you and your dyson ways and means.  

And if you ALL continue with the same dyson methods as the past, it should get very interesting on here.  Like it has recently.

Carmine D.

Replies: 58 - 67 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42