Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Oreck/ XL 21
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:54 am
How can Mr Oreck,offer a 21 year warranty ,this must be one hell of a product

MOLE

Replies: 38 - 47 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck/ XL 21
Reply #38   Jan 29, 2008 8:23 pm
DC18 wrote:
One thing you have to learn about Dyson is they never rush any product to the market!

DC18

Dyson had to learn that lesson in the USA and the DC11 was how it did.

To a lesser extent, dyson learned a lesson with the DC15 too which had an original retail of $600 and when it didn't sell, dyson dropped the price by $100.  And just after 5 months on the market in the USA.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 29, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #39   Jan 29, 2008 8:30 pm
DC18 wrote:
You don't see Dyson using Oreck on it's website to make its own products look better.  They don't need to do this!  There product stands on it's own merits! They do use general comments like 'other vacuums' etc.. they don't use a particular brand!

DC18

Perhaps dyson would not fare very well in comparisons with Oreck and/or other vacuum brands.  I doubt that a man and company who sued other competitors several times for patent imfringement and advertising claims and reaped huge settlements in the process would not compare itself to other brands if it thought it would legitimately win and/or gain more sales by doing so.  Do you?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #40   Jan 29, 2008 8:34 pm
DC18 wrote:
they are getting and giving better performance!

DC18

Really?  The DC18, for which you are named, is the the latest dyson upright on the US market and the worse rated of all the dysons according to Consumer Reports.  So......... at least one sanctioned industry source, widely used and viewed as an authoritative consumer buying guide, would contradict your statement.

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #41   Jan 29, 2008 8:37 pm
So if Dyson wouldn't fare very well in comparison with Oreck why does Oreck think different!  Surely it a 2 way thing!  Dyson doesn't purely because it is 'different', nothing is the same as Dyson!

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #42   Jan 29, 2008 8:38 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Hi DC18, 

No one can ignore its success [dyson] in the (almost) 6 years it has been in the US.

-MH

And no one can ignore Oreck's success in over 45 plus years in the US vacuum market. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #43   Jan 29, 2008 8:42 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi Motorhead

If the Oreck technology is so great then as I've said already the product will sell itself there is no need to make comprision to a specific machine which really is not a like for like model/setup!!

I take it MH you don't like the mini Oreck canister then!?

DC18

If longevity is one indication of greatness[ read success], then 45 plus years of Oreck sales in the USA with over 450 Oreck Clean Home Centers and even more independent authorized Oreck sales and service dealers must count for something more than just product bashing.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #44   Jan 29, 2008 8:49 pm
DC18 wrote:
DC06 as it was known, Dyson robotic vacuum has never made it to the market.  They are still working on this technology I believe. 

DC18

With 500 engineers and 20 plus years of dyson vacuum history, dyson can't rush these robotic products to market. 

Might I dare suggest that if dyson focused on vacuums rather than a plethora of unrelated ill-fated mediocre products that compete for its time and resources, dyson would have had a robotic vacuum to the market by now.  Or... is that conclusion and statement of fact considered 'bashing" by dyson? 

Carmine D.

DC18

Reply #45   Jan 29, 2008 8:50 pm
I don't need to be 'sucked' (excuse the pun!) into these consumer reports be it US or UK or world wide.  I'm not a 'sheep' that follows everyone else and reads these reports and like alot of people take it as it reads.  I make my own mind up about things by actually using the product, and word of mouth.  These so called consumer tests as far as I'm concerned are not carried out in the so called 'real' world.  People should make up their own minds by testing it for themselves!

I've used a DC18 in the UK and there is nothing wrong with it's performance and that goes for the DC15 too!  More is not always best was it not said on here!  As the Oreck has a 457 watt motor everyone seems to think that the performance of this machine is great!!!!

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #46   Jan 29, 2008 8:55 pm
DC18 wrote:
I don't need to be 'sucked' (excuse the pun!) into these consumer reports be it US or UK or world wide.  I'm not a 'sheep' that follows everyone else and reads these reports and like alot of people take it as it reads.  I make my own mind up about things by actually using the product, and word of mouth.  These so called consumer tests as far as I'm concerned are not carried out in the so called 'real' world.  People should make up their own minds by testing it for themselves!

I've used a DC18 in the UK and there is nothing wrong with it's performance and that goes for the DC15 too!  More is not always best was it not said on here!  As the Oreck has a 457 watt motor everyone seems to think that the performance of this machine is great!!!!

DC18

As you said, I bought the Oreck and use it daily.  I made up my mind for myself.  I like it, use it, recommend it and will continue to do so.  And it just so happens, that Consumer Reports does too.  At least more so than most all the dysons.  45 plus years of sales history is a huge selling point for consumer satisfaction too.  Wouldn't you say?  Especially in commercial use by hotels and motels. 

Carmine D.

DC18

Reply #47   Jan 29, 2008 8:55 pm
I think your forgetting Dyson invents new technology not repackaging old technology and is constantly working on new technology where it comes to anything is a different matter. That is what makes Dyson different.  Also people think that all 500 Engineers are working on just vacuums and in particular one vacuum. These Engineers are working on serveral projects and I would have thought not just vacuum cleaners either! 

DC18

Replies: 38 - 47 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42