Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Big Hit on the US/World Markets

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Big Hit on the US/World Markets
Original Message   Jan 21, 2008 2:11 pm
Early news reports in the USA are saying the London financial markets nosed dived today in the worse downturn ever.  This comes on the heels of a 4 percent drop in the Dow Jones Industrials last week alone.  Since today is a Federal Holiday in the US in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King the financial markets are closed.  Not sure what impact the London market fall will have on the US markets--have to wait to see.

What and how long will it take jaydee to realize that he needs to enter the low to middle price range vacuum market to stay competitive in the USA in the big box stores' venue?

Any news yet on the 2007 dyson sales? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 208 - 217 of 217Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Big Hit on the US/World Markets
Reply #208   Jun 27, 2008 4:32 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Lucky1, MOLE et al:

The high costs of oil are translated into high fuel costs for transportation of imported goods into the USA.  Products that were less expensive to import than produce here aren't cheaper anymore to outsource.  Result:  These products are made here in the USA now.  More jobs. 

The economics of commerce always work better than government intervention with rules and regulations.

Bush 2, like his father, doesn't have a clue about the working class people and their struggles.  That's what happens when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth and graduate from Yale because Daddy did.  Kudos to Papa Bush for his Navy Service.  Boos and hisses to Sonny Bush for being conspicuously absent from Vietnam, the defining event of his era.  Both can say they were President and reminisce about the good ole days.  History will be the judge of how well they both did. 

BTW Lucky1, Obama had a private and secret meeting with Senator Webb from Virginia earlier this month.  Word is that Webb, a Marine Officer who served in Viet Nam [and has a son serving in Iraq], may get the nod for VP.  Remember my comment here.  No Commander-in-Chief should send Americans to war, unless and until that person has walked the battlefield of the dead and wounded.  Obama hasn't but Webb has. 

Carmine D.

Believe it or not Carmine, I agree 100% on this one.

How does corporate America expect Americans to buy their goods if they do not have jobs that have been sent abroad? 

CarmineD

Reply #209   Jun 27, 2008 4:42 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Believe it or not Carmine, I agree 100% on this one.

Oh no.  What is this world coming to?

I'll have to rethink my position.  If you agree with me, it must be wrong!  Before I know it, you will be singing the praises of ORECK and HOOVER.

BTW, just to keep you apprised:  Fry's Electric has brand new dyson DC-7's on Clearance for $289.  Time to buy? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #210   Jun 27, 2008 10:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Oh no.  What is this world coming to?

I'll have to rethink my position.  If you agree with me, it must be wrong!  Before I know it, you will be singing the praises of ORECK and HOOVER.

BTW, just to keep you apprised:  Fry's Electric has brand new dyson DC-7's on Clearance for $289.  Time to buy? 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I am sort of glad that I do not know what this world is coming to.  It d**mn is not what it used to be and the changes aren't for the better. Except for Dyson which has made vacuums better.

CarmineD

Reply #211   Jun 28, 2008 6:26 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,

I am sort of glad that I do not know what this world is coming to.  It d**mn is not what it used to be and the changes aren't for the better. Except for Dyson which has made vacuums better.

HS:

That is the subject of a different thread, with lots of pros and cons.  Dyson has certainly been the most expensive big box store vacuum in the last 6 years which assists indy's to sell their store brands.   

Yesterday saw another big hit on the US markets in part due to $140 oil prices.  With this and the other US economic woes, and worldwide, the expensive big box vacuums will be a HARDSELL!  Better for indy-s.  Worse for dyson and high priced vacuums in the big box store venues.

Carmine D.  

This message was modified Jun 28, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #212   Jun 30, 2008 7:27 am
All eyes will be on the US markets today.  Why?  June 30, last day of the quarter.  Typically the hardest hit for stock markets.

Since the October 2007 markets high, the US stocks have lost 19.9 percent.  20 percent market decline is a signal of a recession.  And during the day last Friday, the stock index was lower than 20 percent from the October 2007 peak.  Stocks lost almost 5 percent last week alone with a 358 point drop on Thursday and 100 on Friday.  

Have to wait and see what happens today with investors.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 30, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #213   Jul 3, 2008 8:16 am
The investors spoke.  Oil hit a new high: $143 a barrel.  US markets fell, dow by 166 points.  According to the gurus:  With the dow down 20 percent since October 2007, we are officially is a recession.

How deep and how long?  Time will tell.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #214   Jul 5, 2008 8:58 am
If the stock market is not the best and only indicator of a US recession, the USA gurus use another.  The job rate declines and unemployment rates.

For the past 50 years whenever the unemployment rates increased for 6 straight months, the USA experienced a sustained period of economic recession.  The latest 5.5 unemployment rate is the 6th monthly consecutive increase for the USA. 

The gurus say it underestimates the real figure.  If you factor in the persons who have had their hours cut back and/or forced to work part time from full time, the rate increases to10.5 percent.  The highest unemployment rate since the great depression.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #215   Jul 12, 2008 8:26 am
In the past we've discussed the issues and reactions over inflated property tax assessments.  I posted that it may cause a taxpayer rebellion next year.  Even kiddingly saying it's time to get your your friends Smith and Wesson.  Well, here's an article of interest to read if you are so inclined about the current status.

Read an take heed.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/property-taxes-irk-homeowners/story.aspx?guid=%7BD5726F38-7560-4931-901B-92253A65B8FF%7D

BTW, two US stock market stalwarts: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are in dire financial straights and may require a taxpayer bail out.  Their stock prices declined in the last year from $64 and $59 a share to $10 and $8 recently.   

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 12, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #216   Jul 12, 2008 9:48 am
Talk about being BILKED by big brother,This was the neocons plan since taking office in 2000,B.T.W shrub stole that one and in 2004.

This was started by RONNIE RAYGUN,

Theree is no 2 party system ,the Dems are in bed with the rethugs,

IT'S TIME TO CLEAN OUT THE WHITEHOUSE AND START OVER AGAIN............

MOLE

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #217   Jul 12, 2008 3:01 pm
This thread has nothing to do w/vacuum cleaners. 
Replies: 208 - 217 of 217Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42