Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Big Hit on the US/World Markets

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Big Hit on the US/World Markets
Original Message   Jan 21, 2008 2:11 pm
Early news reports in the USA are saying the London financial markets nosed dived today in the worse downturn ever.  This comes on the heels of a 4 percent drop in the Dow Jones Industrials last week alone.  Since today is a Federal Holiday in the US in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King the financial markets are closed.  Not sure what impact the London market fall will have on the US markets--have to wait to see.

What and how long will it take jaydee to realize that he needs to enter the low to middle price range vacuum market to stay competitive in the USA in the big box stores' venue?

Any news yet on the 2007 dyson sales? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 198 - 207 of 217Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Big Hit on the London Markets
Reply #198   Jun 16, 2008 9:22 am
On a positive note, the Republican candidate for President wants to assist small business owners if elected.  He says they are the backbone of the US economy!  He's old school, like me.  And like him, I'm old too. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 16, 2008 by CarmineD
Lucky1

Reply #199   Jun 16, 2008 10:53 am
CarmineD wrote:
On a positive note, the Republican candidate for President wants to assist small business owners if elected.  He says they are the backbone of the US economy!  He's old school, like me.  And like him, I'm old too.  <p>Carmine D.

Yet he still hasn't offered to stop tax credits on big business that sends jobs overseas and puts the small business owner OUT of business. Too much pandering and flip-flopping on issues pertaining to the War AND economic reforms. "Age" is the least of my requirements to get my vote. That "kid" Kennedy did a pretty good job!
CarmineD

Reply #200   Jun 16, 2008 1:15 pm
With age and wisdom, I realize that telling the truth and asking for peoples' votes are often diametrically opposed and contradictory.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 16, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Re: Big Hit on the US/World Markets
Reply #201   Jun 27, 2008 7:04 am
CarmineD wrote:

How high will gas prices go in the US?  Some say with crude at $140 a barrel, there is plenty of wiggle room for the price per gallon to reach $6-8 per gallon. 

Carmine D.

I posted this on June 16.  Yesterday a report that gas prices could reach $7 a gallon roiled the US stock markets and the dow was off almost 400 points.  Closing at the worse level in 2 years.

Simple to understand.  Last year when oil was $60 a barrel, gas prices were $3 per gallon.  Now they are $140, do the math. 

Lucky1: How's that for prophesy?  I speak for myself, regardless of the consequences.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #202   Jun 27, 2008 9:10 am
CAN YOU SAY  SPECULATORS,

NOW NORTH KOREA IS OFF THE TERROR WATCH LIST,WHAT DID THE BUSH CRIME FAMILY FIND AN OIL FIELD ..........

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #203   Jun 27, 2008 12:22 pm
The talking suits on the financial networks who only see the world from THEIR perspective, think it's all about the credit crunch and tax cuts for Corporations but from the little guys point of view it's a LOT different. We've spent the last 35 years disproportionally redistributing the wealth of America to the top 2% of the nation at the expense of the Middle Class. The middle class has been able to keep up with Wages until jobs and industry were shipped overseas. Then they managed to keep up with credit and borrowing. Both options are gone plus the increased costs associated with Local Taxes, high oil & food prices, the consumer is tapped out. I firmly believe we are headed for a severe depression and possibly the demise of America as we have come to know it.if we cannot find a way to redistribute the wealth from the few to the many. Without added income to the middle class... nothing will get better.
CarmineD

Reply #204   Jun 27, 2008 12:34 pm
Lucky1, MOLE et al:

The high costs of oil are translated into high fuel costs for transportation of imported goods into the USA.  Products that were less expensive to import than produce here aren't cheaper anymore to outsource.  Result:  These products are made here in the USA now.  More jobs. 

The economics of commerce always work better than government intervention with rules and regulations.

Bush 2, like his father, doesn't have a clue about the working class people and their struggles.  That's what happens when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth and graduate from Yale because Daddy did.  Kudos to Papa Bush for his Navy Service.  Boos and hisses to Sonny Bush for being conspicuously absent from Vietnam, the defining event of his era.  Both can say they were President and reminisce about the good ole days.  History will be the judge of how well they both did. 

BTW Lucky1, Obama had a private and secret meeting with Senator Webb from Virginia earlier this month.  Word is that Webb, a Marine Officer who served in Viet Nam [and has a son serving in Iraq], may get the nod for VP.  Remember my comment here.  No Commander-in-Chief should send Americans to war, unless and until that person has walked the battlefield of the dead and wounded.  Obama hasn't but Webb has. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #205   Jun 27, 2008 12:46 pm
To Carmine and LUCKY1, you guys are right on the money,the NEOCONS  have ruined the country,can it make a comeback?.Maybe we should build a compound in PARAGUAY.

This whole administration should be tried for war crimes and fleecing the federal reserve.........

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #206   Jun 27, 2008 2:16 pm
Carmine you stated: The high costs of oil are translated into high fuel costs for transportation of imported goods into the USA. Products that were less expensive to import than produce here aren't cheaper anymore to outsource. Result: These products are made here in the USA now. More jobs.

The economics of commerce always work better than government intervention with rules and regulations.

Normally (or at least previously) I would have agreed with that.. but times have changed. It is a GLOBAL ECONOMY now. Greed and Power fueled by subsidized economies, supported buy slave labor, masking as Capitalism, has no national boundries and therefor no self preservation interest in, or for, it's people. Doesn't look good unless you WANT the US to be a third world S-hole ruled by the rich elite and no middle class similar to Mexico.
HARDSELL

Reply #207   Jun 27, 2008 4:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I posted this on June 16.  Yesterday a report that gas prices could reach $7 a gallon roiled the US stock markets and the dow was off almost 400 points.  Closing at the worse level in 2 years.

Simple to understand.  Last year when oil was $60 a barrel, gas prices were $3 per gallon.  Now they are $140, do the math. 

Lucky1: How's that for prophesy?  I speak for myself, regardless of the consequences.

Carmine D.

I hope that the news media doesn't sue you for trying to take credit for what they reported.
Replies: 198 - 207 of 217Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42