Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "Rotho" water vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Motorhead

"Rotho" water vacuum
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:27 pm
I was going to post this on the Dyson thread, but I didn't want to drift from the subject so I'll start a new topic on it.  Visiting DIB's link to the VDTA homepage, I saw an advertisement for a "Rotho" branded vacuum that caught my interest.  I haven't heard of that brand before so I decided to check out their homepage, and it mentioned that it is "two machines in one" showing a vacuum powerhead and carpet extractor wand...of course I knew right then what it was.  Yes, yet another non-separator-type water vacuum out there, although this one looks the most canister-like out of all of them.  Has anyone else heard of this machine?

I notice that it has the Wessel-Werk powerhead; I tried a Hyla water vacuum with that powerhead once.  The powerhead was nice and I thought it did a good job (the water *was* quite dirty afterwards), but the Hyla itself wasn't that great.  Even though it was a separator-type machine and had a large tank capacity, I thought it was flimsy (and cheaply built) compared to the Rainbow E-series, and it made about as much noise as a Shop-Vac.  Still it wasn't as bad as the Thermax, though...that machine weighed about the same as a lawnmower when full.  To add insult to injury the hose/wand setup was poorly designed I thought.  The extra-long curved hose end was metal (with no grip), and the wand just swiveled loosely in the powerhead...you couldn't "steer" it without the wand rotating back & forth on you.  At least when the machine is such a PITA to drag around, the nozzle could be easy to maneuver, but no.

Rotho Website.

-MH
This message was modified Jan 17, 2008 by Motorhead
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42