Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "Rotho" water vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Motorhead

"Rotho" water vacuum
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:27 pm
I was going to post this on the Dyson thread, but I didn't want to drift from the subject so I'll start a new topic on it.  Visiting DIB's link to the VDTA homepage, I saw an advertisement for a "Rotho" branded vacuum that caught my interest.  I haven't heard of that brand before so I decided to check out their homepage, and it mentioned that it is "two machines in one" showing a vacuum powerhead and carpet extractor wand...of course I knew right then what it was.  Yes, yet another non-separator-type water vacuum out there, although this one looks the most canister-like out of all of them.  Has anyone else heard of this machine?

I notice that it has the Wessel-Werk powerhead; I tried a Hyla water vacuum with that powerhead once.  The powerhead was nice and I thought it did a good job (the water *was* quite dirty afterwards), but the Hyla itself wasn't that great.  Even though it was a separator-type machine and had a large tank capacity, I thought it was flimsy (and cheaply built) compared to the Rainbow E-series, and it made about as much noise as a Shop-Vac.  Still it wasn't as bad as the Thermax, though...that machine weighed about the same as a lawnmower when full.  To add insult to injury the hose/wand setup was poorly designed I thought.  The extra-long curved hose end was metal (with no grip), and the wand just swiveled loosely in the powerhead...you couldn't "steer" it without the wand rotating back & forth on you.  At least when the machine is such a PITA to drag around, the nozzle could be easy to maneuver, but no.

Rotho Website.

-MH
This message was modified Jan 17, 2008 by Motorhead
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: "Rotho" water vacuum
Reply #3   May 21, 2008 12:29 pm
Hello Lucky1:

If you think there is a call for them [Rotho water vacuums] then by all means carry and sell.  Since these Rotho water vacuums are a niche machine to compete with Rainbows, you should probably have a new/late model Rainbow too for pitching the sales comparison between the two.  And a back up outlet for selling the new Rainbow [with commission for you for the sales], if the customer insists on the original rather than the Rotho.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified May 21, 2008 by CarmineD
Trebor

Reply #4   Mar 1, 2010 1:57 pm
Have any of you looked at the size of the water container about ONE QUART!

With my Rainbow, I can make 2 quarts of slimy mud in 15 minutes in some homes. I can just see some spam sucking trailer park tramp utterly destroying the ROTHO in 10 minutes!
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #5   Mar 5, 2010 2:00 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Thought I would bump this thread...as we are thinking about carrying this in the store and was interested in some of your feedback. Quite large and with a hefty price point $1,495-$1,695. Cheaper and more versatile than the Rainbow though.

Thanks Lucky

You should know that these vacuums are available on amazon.com for around $1300. 

http://www.amazon.com/ROTHO-Twin-TT-Water-Filtration-Canister/product-reviews/B0015YULO0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The reviews are mixed. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #6   Mar 5, 2010 4:00 pm
I'd so much rather have a combi- vacuum cleaner/steam vapor cleaner.  They exist both here and in Europe but the European somehow have the edge I'm told due to higher voltage.  Needless to say, on either side of the ocean they're expensive.

Haan, a new name to me, is also selling an upright vacuum with steam cleaning capacity.  I've seen it at my local BestBuy.

Venson

This message was modified Mar 5, 2010 by Venson
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #7   Mar 5, 2010 5:48 pm
Motorhead wrote:
I was going to post this on the Dyson thread, but I didn't want to drift from the subject so I'll start a new topic on it.  Visiting DIB's link to the VDTA homepage, I saw an advertisement for a "Rotho" branded vacuum that caught my interest.  I haven't heard of that brand before so I decided to check out their homepage, and it mentioned that it is "two machines in one" showing a vacuum powerhead and carpet extractor wand...of course I knew right then what it was.  Yes, yet another non-separator-type water vacuum out there, although this one looks the most canister-like out of all of them.  Has anyone else heard of this machine?

I notice that it has the Wessel-Werk powerhead; I tried a Hyla water vacuum with that powerhead once.  The powerhead was nice and I thought it did a good job (the water *was* quite dirty afterwards), but the Hyla itself wasn't that great.  Even though it was a separator-type machine and had a large tank capacity, I thought it was flimsy (and cheaply built) compared to the Rainbow E-series, and it made about as much noise as a Shop-Vac.  Still it wasn't as bad as the Thermax, though...that machine weighed about the same as a lawnmower when full.  To add insult to injury the hose/wand setup was poorly designed I thought.  The extra-long curved hose end was metal (with no grip), and the wand just swiveled loosely in the powerhead...you couldn't "steer" it without the wand rotating back & forth on you.  At least when the machine is such a PITA to drag around, the nozzle could be easy to maneuver, but no.

Rotho Website.

-MH

Speaking of the VDTA homepage, there was something that caught my eye:

VDTA/SDTA presents JIM ACKERMAN as the 2010 Keynote Speaker, March 25, 2010, 9:30 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
“How to Market Your Crap When the Economy is in the Toilet!”

Jim will also present 2 two-hour workshops following his keynote!
*How to Get More Customers Who Will Pay You More Money, More Often”
*How to Advertise Your Junk When the Economy is in the Trash”

As a consumer, the idea of buying "crap" and "Junk" isn't exactly what I have in mind when I go shopping.   I may be making too much out of this guy's title, but he certainly sounds a bit sleazy to me. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
HARDSELL

Reply #8   Mar 5, 2010 7:11 pm
Severus wrote:

VDTA/SDTA presents JIM ACKERMAN as the 2010 Keynote Speaker, March 25, 2010, 9:30 a.m.-10:45 a.m.

As a consumer, the idea of buying "crap" and "Junk" isn't exactly what I have in mind when I go shopping.   I may be making too much out of this guy's title, but he certainly sounds a bit sleazy to me. 

Dave Oreck was likely Jim's mentor.
CarmineD

Reply #9   Mar 5, 2010 7:51 pm
Severus wrote:

Hello SEVERUS:

I agree with you.  I'm not a VDTA member and never have been.  VDTA/SDTA organizers need to vet their speakers and agenda items before letting this get approved and printed.  Else, they have and can't get anthing better.  If the latter, it doesn't speak/bode well for the 2010 vacuum trade convention, at least from my perspective as a non-member. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #10   Mar 5, 2010 7:56 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Dave Oreck was likely Jim's mentor.

Not quite.  Akio Toyoda, aka The Prince, is more like it!

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #11   Mar 6, 2010 8:54 am
CarmineD wrote:
Not quite.  Akio Toyoda, aka The Prince, is more like it!

Carmine D.

I can see that it really eats at you that a Toyota with defects is still superior to your European hunk of junk autos.
CarmineD

Reply #12   Mar 6, 2010 1:48 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I can see that it really eats at you that a Toyota with defects is still superior to your European hunk of junk autos.

I suggest you have your vision checked.  You're seeing blurred.  My 1999 USA made Ford Exp is going on 11 years old.  Occasionally the accelerator pedal sticks.   After 7 years outdoors in the cold snowy weather and 3 years outdoors in the desert heat, it's to be expected. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42