Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sears Premalite TV Ad for $379

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Sears Premalite TV Ad for $379
Original Message   Dec 31, 2007 5:26 pm
I saw this ad recently on TV.  Haven't seen the vacuum up close and personal yet.  But at 16 pounds with metal alloy components and a cord winder, it appears to have some desirable features.

Carmine D.

Replies: 27 - 36 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Acerone

Re: Sears Premalite TV Ad for $379
Reply #27   Mar 12, 2008 9:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Ace:</p><p>Your vacuum may need attention since it was sold on ebay.  Did you check the filters and make sure thay are clean and fitted properly?  Did you check the dirt by pass path from brush nozzle to the dirt bin opening to make sure there are no obstructions and clogs?  Either and/or both could cause the problems you describe.  </p><p>Carmine D.

Carmine,

Yes, my vacuum was new. The only issue with it was the broken piece and that's why I bought it..
HARDSELL

Reply #28   Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Ace:

Your vacuum may need attention since it was sold on ebay.  Did you check the filters and make sure thay are clean and fitted properly?  Did you check the dirt by pass path from brush nozzle to the dirt bin opening to make sure there are no obstructions and clogs?  Either and/or both could cause the problems you describe. 

Carmine D.

Ir Ace was referring to a Dyson you would be telling that is a POS.  You want us to believe that only Dyson is the problem and not the user. Your credibility would be better if you presented the fact that all vacuums have problems. 

Could it be that this Sears vac is a POS and overpriced.  Almost $400 for a vac that is likely a lemon.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2008 by HARDSELL
CarmineD

Reply #29   Mar 12, 2008 5:55 pm
Acerone wrote:
Carmine,

Yes, my vacuum was new. The only issue with it was the broken piece and that's why I bought it..

Ace:

For $69 you can't go wrong.  I'm curious about the new box size of the vacuum:  In comparison to say the dyson carton, how does the box size of the Premalite measure up?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #30   Mar 12, 2008 6:01 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Ir Ace was referring to a Dyson you would be telling that is a POS.  You want us to believe that only Dyson is the problem and not the user. Your credibility would be better if you presented the fact that all vacuums have problems. 

Could it be that this Sears vac is a POS and overpriced.  Almost $400 for a vac that is likely a lemon.

He my man:

You saved me the trouble. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #31   Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
He my man:

You saved me the trouble. 

Carmine D.

So you agree that the Premalite is a POS.
Acerone

Reply #32   Mar 12, 2008 9:29 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Ace:</p><p>For $69 you can't go wrong.  I'm curious about the new box size of the vacuum:  In comparison to say the dyson carton, how does the box size of the Premalite measure up?</p><p>Carmine D.

Correct for that price is was a good vacuum... One large box about twice the size of the DC21... And boy is that 21 heavy...
Venson

Reply #33   Mar 12, 2008 10:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
VAX used the aluminum alloy handle in one piece and it appears very sturdy.  Wonder if the Premalite handle is halved to make it more compact for boxing and shipping?

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Just for the record the handle/wand is all one piece.  In result it is a little too short if you wanted to use a bare floor tool with it so like the Vax it's basically good for extending your reach to places overhead.  The handle grip/ hose end is the only part of it that detaches. 

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #34   Mar 13, 2008 7:26 am
HARDSELL wrote:
So you agree that the Premalite is a POS.

I recall my good man, when your DC07 was launched it had a major flaw that required some quick dyson remedy.  Airblade [Matt mmc] can verify.  I pointed it out on another Forum before you arrived.  The U-bend airway was a detachable piece.  And detachable it was.  It had a thumb button on it.  Most if not all users took it to be the handle release.  Their first reaction was to step on it.  When they did, it came off.  When it came off the DC07 had no suction in attachment mode.  And guess what.  The comprehensive dyson manual had no illustrations and instructions on how to reinstall.  Consequently the piece was often off or separated from the vacuum.  Dyson corrected the flaw on subsequent models.  And the DC07 launched at $439.

The Premalite gets a pass for now until I have a chance to use it extensively.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #35   Mar 13, 2008 7:28 am
Ace, Venson:

Thanks for the clarifications.  The Premalite is on my list to test. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #36   Mar 18, 2008 9:55 pm
By the way, does anyone know the complete Sears model number for this vacuum. It is not just 37060.

Thanks,

Venson

Replies: 27 - 36 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42