Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > TTI Introduced to Kenmore Line

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

TTI Introduced to Kenmore Line
Original Message   Oct 13, 2007 7:23 pm
 Well, we knew that Techtronics Industries received a contract to create vacuum cleaners for Sears' Kenmore line.  Over the summer they started w/the budget Kenmore bagless upright that was often on sale for approx. $69.99.  Now they have gone "full force" and introduced alot more TTI-made machines to Sears.  TTI has made approximately 10 models for Sears.  I have to say that it is sad to see the many new vacuum cleaners and very little of the Matsus h ita-made uprights.

IMHO, these new vacuum cleaners are not like what Sears has had in the past.  You can have a better understanding of what I mean as you touch the vacuum cleaners.  The design of these uprights makes the vacuums look large.  Their "handle weight" is going to be on the heavier side.  There are different bagless configurations, including one using the same dual filtering chambers as the DD Reaction.  There are even bagged versions called Progressive.  I have to say that this series is alittle bit harder to maneuver than the Panasonic-made uprights.  They are also louder, IMHO.  There are a few things that I do like and that is that they do have power.  They were not weak at all.  They will do fine at cleaning carpeting if the vacuum cleaner is maintained.  The rug/floor pedal(on some models) is a big improvement over the design of the Panasonic uprights.  The brushroll stops/starts w/only a simple press of the pedel, whereas the Panasonic requires a quick and steady press of the pedel.  Some owners had difficulty w/the feature, which lead to broken belts.

I have to say that one of the models is interesting.  It is called the Premalite.  It is the most espensive of all the TTI uprights.  It is an interesting design and looks futuristic.  It uses a different filtering system compared to the other machines in the line.  I like the fact that all one needs to do for above the floor cleaning is to release the wand.  There are no hoses to switch, attach, wands to extend, etc.  The Premalite has many "bells & whistles".

This message was modified Nov 1, 2007 by Mike_W
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42