Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pecanmanwill...needs a rideon mower.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Pecanmanwill...needs a rideon mower.
Original Message   Mar 9, 2005 5:13 pm
Hi Will...

you prolly dont know me but i have been reading about your operation and recovery and wishing you all the best.

on a post you mentioned your doctor advised you not to use a pushmower.

how about a nice little rider.

Marshall is the snapper pro guy here he will tell you all there is to know about them.

i strongly suspect he is collecting the whole set and may have doubles or even tripples of some models.

so maybe if we all ask him real nice he will give you one and then you can mow your lawn and get a bit of fresh air without causing yourself any undue strain.

hope you are well on the road to a full recovery  

so Marshall how about it can you ...can you  hunh.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Pecanmanwill...needs a rideon mower.
Reply #4   Mar 9, 2005 5:45 pm
Chris, check them out here.

FEATURESTANDARDOPTIONAL
Air CleanerPaper filter with poly pre-filter  
Alternator3 Amp. D.C./ 5 Amp. A.C. 16 Amp. D.C. regulated 
BearingsAluminum alloy Aluminum alloy 
CarburetorDual carburators  
 StartFloat type with composite bowls, Independent remote choke  
Compression ReleaseMechanical  
Controls  
 RunRemote throttle control  
 StopIn 6-pin wire harness connector  
CylinderAluminum alloy with cast iron sleeve  
Fuel System   
 TankN/A  
 DeliveryFuel pump  
GovernorMechanical  
IgnitionCapacitor discharge (CDI) with rubber spark plug boot  
LubricationFull pressure system  
 Oil Fill Extended fill tube w/dipstick and yellow cap Extended fill tube w/dipstick and yellow cap 
 Oil Drain Above mounting surface  
 Oil Capacity 80 oz. (2.4 liter)  
 Oil Filter Full system filtration  
Spark Plug Resistor type Metal spark plug shields *† 
Speed Setting 3300 RPM governed high speed, 2100 RPM governed idle Application dependent *† 
Starter12 Volt electric includes rotating flywheel screen  
StylingBlack laminated housing with full platimun shroud  
International ComplianceUSA *EU, †AS 

snowshoveler

Reply #5   Mar 9, 2005 5:58 pm
im impressed...one of those should open a can of whoop ass on a vanguard or anything else for that matter.

i had heard about the Sterling at the update schools but this is the first real specs i have seen (i think).

it that engine available in the snappers.we are a snapper dealer but wow are they expensive and the distributor dosent carry many models...and very expensive.

if you can buy one for 2000 where you live then its 4500 here...hard sell but can be done and they are top line equipment.

i had no idea just how good they are till i started working on them .

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

Reply #6   Mar 9, 2005 7:01 pm
Will swears by his, he says he's been very pleased with it. Maybe he'll give some testamony when he checks this thread next time?

The only thing I am troubled with Chris, is I can't anything with them in it other than some MTD products?
robmints

Reply #7   Mar 9, 2005 8:53 pm
I think Will said it was a Stanley.
snowshoveler

Reply #8   Mar 9, 2005 9:11 pm
you mean snappers dont have it available...arrgh.

later chris

Marshall

Reply #9   Mar 9, 2005 9:40 pm
snowshoveler wrote:
you mean snappers dont have it available...arrgh.

later chris

No Chris, they don't.

They're using Kohler's, Briggs Inteks and Vanguards in their residential machines. In their commercial stuff, they're using Kawasaki's, Kohlers and Kubota liquid and air cooled engines.
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #10   Mar 10, 2005 7:04 am
Snowshoveler, Marshall, and all the others that have posted to this thread-----As Marshall stated I was raised up with Snapper---Worked for a outlet that sold over 100 every year.  I remember when 6 HP was the biggest engine the 30" Model sported. (I remember in the early days when they had the Snapping Turtle emblem on some of their walk behind commercial mowers.    I love them----I reworked my last one , this past year, gave it a paint job and gave it to my son.  Thirty year old engine (I had put a sleeve in it at the Vo tech), runs like a top and cuts grass like a whirlwind.   The Snappers are a lot prettier than they were back in the early days.  Now about that Twin Tecumseh--691--22 Hp----, Twin carburetors-----I cannot ask for a better engine.  Got nearly 300 hours on it---power like you would not believe---cost may be a problem but the industry is missing a gem by not using more of them. (now I see they have a 25 HP)  I have been directly involved in mower engine back to the days when Clinton was the dominate engine , not Brigg,s and I am giving you the facts---this Tecumsh is solid.----Doctor,s will not let me use a mower but won,t be long. (Operation was a month and 2 days ago.  Wish you all the best,  hope your day goes well and may the God of this world watch over you and your familes, now and always---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #11   Mar 11, 2005 2:05 pm
take it easy there Will, the grass will be there waiting for you and your monster tecumseh to whoop it good.  No hurries.  Focus on getting better.

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #12   Mar 11, 2005 2:36 pm
Terrapin---I have a wife that is a taskmaster at making me watch what I do.   Doing light jobs, charging batteries in mowers, etc----checking oil---nothing that is a strain. Since this this thread started about  Snappers---I wanted to  make one more comment about them.   A Snapper is one mower that can be completely rebuilt from the deck, blade shaft, transmission---it can all be put back new and at a reasonable cost.   Can,t think of many Brands that I can say the same for.  Wish you all luck, take care and may God bless you and your family now and always.---Your friend--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Marshall

Reply #13   Mar 11, 2005 2:46 pm
And they're hard to break to begin with, tough little boogers!
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42