Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 2 stage 828 thru 1128 models

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kevintree

Toro 2 stage 828 thru 1128 models
Original Message   Mar 2, 2005 6:28 pm
Here on Long Island last two storms 5" to 7" snow quickly turned to slush.

I was using a Ariens 1128 and did so so by putting it into high (fast) gear to blow snow/slush.

Are Toro units any better in this sitation?

TIA

Kevin

PS Richie how was your 828LXE??

Replies: 24 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lland

Re: Toro 2 stage 828 thru 1128 models
Reply #24   Mar 4, 2005 3:44 pm
American made...Of my last eight cars, five were "American", three Japanese (Honda, Nissan, Acura), and one Sweedish (Volvo - owned by Ford).  Only two of the eight were "Made in the USA," the Honda and the Nissan...as for Toro, maybe they should paint them red, white, and blue instead of just red!

As for performance, my 826 has handled everything I have thrown at it for the past two seasons without a single "burp" (if you don't count sucking up the Sunday paper...but that wasn't the Toro's fault).  It blows the same left or right, and I see no need to question the quality and durability of the polymer (plastic to some) parts.  They don't flex, won't rust, and the snow doesn't stick to them.  The ground was warm for the last snowfall and by the time I got around to blowing there was a pretty good layer of wet, slushy snow along the bottom.  The 826 cleaned it right up.  Didn't throw it 40 feet but threw it far enough to get it out of the way.  A great machine...

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: Toro 2 stage 828 thru 1128 models
Reply #25   Mar 4, 2005 5:12 pm
lland wrote:
everything I have thrown at it for the past two seasons without a single "burp" (if you don't count sucking up the Sunday paper...but that wasn't the Toro's fault).  It blows the same left or right, and I see no need to question the quality and durability of the polymer (plastic to some) parts.  They don't flex, won't rust, and the snow doesn't stick to them.  The ground was warm for the last snowfall and by the time I got around to blowing there was a pretty good layer of wet, slushy snow along the bottom.  The 826 cleaned it right up.  Didn't throw it 40 feet but threw it far enough to get it out of the way.  A great machine...

Yeah, that 826 LE must really do a great job compared to the 828.  I have no doubt having 2" less width on the auger makes a nice difference especially when in deeper snow.  From your post, I'm glad to see you never had any surging issues with the engine.  I also agree with everything you posted   

Richie
Replies: 24 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42