Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE Trainee

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
boblloyd

"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

OPE Trainee
Original Message   Mar 2, 2005 12:17 am
On Sunday I realized we had another snowstorm on the way but I was going to be far away on business all week.   I'm sure I could have gotten a neighbor to clear the driveway but my wife seemed to think she could handle the snowblower.    Except for the lawn tractor she has almost no experiance with OPE.  Even there she won't engage the mower.  

Anyway I gave her a quick course on operating the machine and had her clear a short path in the back yard as a final exam.  I gave her a C- and left on my trip still a little dubious.    

We ended up with a good 8" of heavy snow.   Well she reports the Briggs OHV pull started instantly.  She then took a little while to get the hang of it but got the driveway cleared fine even the dense EOD.  In fact she had a BALL and proceeded to clear the walk, the sidewalk in front of our house, and even the sidewalk of our neighbors who were away on vacation. I am impressed.      The bad news is that she wants to do it all the time now.      Anyone else have a story about training their spouse on OPE?   -Bob

Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42