Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD Snow King

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Yankeeblues

MTD Snow King
Original Message   Mar 1, 2005 7:13 pm
I've been advised to start a new post and add some details...

It's an 8HP HMSK 80 about three years old, used maybe a half of dozen times.  I've drained the gas tank after every season and ran it til the carb was dry.  The number on the carb is 5002C19.

So I went out again this morning with last night's new snow and it kicked over.  That screw I played with the other day was just the idle crack and is ok.  Like I said, it started but needs full choke and half throttle to stay running and even then it surges.  I managed about ten to fifteen minutes before had no power at all and I nursed it back to the garage.  I let it cool down, loosen the gas cap and tried again...no start at all.  A blast of starting fluid in carb gets it going but then it dies.

Any suggestions???

Pete

Hi Folks,

I stumbled across your group while doing a search for Tecumseh snowblowers.  I was hoping to find an online troublshooting manual for my machine.  The last time I used it ( that two feet we got here in the NorthEast ) it began to lose power to the point of almost stalling.   This was after a couple of hours.  I had to play with the choke to keep it running, let it idle for a bit then continue.  Ran OK for a while and then the same thing would happen.

So I started it up this afternoon after checking out the forecast and the same thing happened right away...only it kept stalling.  I assumed ( very bad move ) that the idle could be adjusted and went and turned the screw on the carb.  Now it won't start at all

Have I messed things up big time or is there hope?

Pete

This message was modified Mar 1, 2005 by Yankeeblues
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42