Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowing Now - But Time to Think About a New Trimmer for Spring

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Terp

Snowing Now - But Time to Think About a New Trimmer for Spring
Original Message   Feb 28, 2005 12:43 pm
First post on the new site.  Glad to see some of the familiar screen names on this site.  Started snowing about an hour ago.  We are supposed to get between 6-10 inches.  So, with a little time to kill before getting out the snow blower tonight, I figure I'd ask for some input on a new trimmer. 

Trimmer is for homeowner use only - for areas the mower can't get to on a 1/3 acre lawn.  I am looking for reliability, easy start, and a well balanced trimmer.  My old trimmer had a curved shaft, poor balance, and just killed my back after 30 minutes.  Seemed like I was never in a comfortable position when using it.  Fortunately it died after 10-12 years.  I can't bear to replace something that still works.  But now I can shop with no regrets.

I'm considering either an Echo trimmer (SRM-210 or SRM-210i) or the Honda 4 cycle (HHT25SLTA).

Anyone have any comments on the above models.  Might even look at the Echo PAS-230 with the optional edging attachment.  I have an edger, but it is fairly old and I am not sure I want a separate piece of OPE when I have to replace it.  Maybe the PAS-230 is a good alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42