Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 6-12" for NE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

6-12" for NE
Original Message   Feb 27, 2005 11:36 pm
We are supposed to get the largest storm that we've had yet this year totaling up to 6-12" for the area.  I guess other places are supposed to get up 14".  It will make for some nice pictures.  Below is a forecast from central PA. 

A WINTER STORM WARNING is in effect for all of south central PA. Here We Go!!  A coastal low is headed our way, keeping us cold enough for snow and with the storm tracking close to the coast, it will give us plenty of snow.  Right now it looks like much of our viewing area will receive about 6 to 12 inches of snow. Some places in eastern Lancaster, Chester, Berks and towards the Poconos could have over a foot of snow.  The storm could also provide heavy snow and  ice problems for the Delmarva and New Jersey.  We should expect the snow to begin midmorning Monday and become intense for the Afternoon and Evening hours.  It will thin out Monday Night, but still possibly drop another inch or two.  We'll also have the winds pick up Monday, becoming rather blustery in the Afternoon and early evening.  The March Lion is a day early, but one we'll have to dig out of.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 2 - 11 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Re: 6-12" for NE
Reply #2   Feb 28, 2005 6:36 am
We need at least one more good snow challenge before the blowers start their summer hibernation.

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #3   Feb 28, 2005 11:29 am
nothing here in PGH PA yet 11:30 am.  We were suppose to get the beginning of this snow blitz starting at 6 am.  (must have moved east)  I will be driving into it to Harrisburg tomorrow thru wednesday.  If there is anybody familiar with Harrisburg, I got a question or two, please p.m. me if you get a chance today. 

Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #4   Feb 28, 2005 11:30 am
If you pull up the national radar map and animate it you can see it is a pretty huge strorm and starting that Noreaster spin that generates so much snow.  It also looks like we are all going to get a pretty big piece of this sucker too.  I am off tonight but have to be into work tomorrow at 3:30 so at least I won't have to fight it in the AM.  I relish the day I can enjoy storms like this an not have to get into work.  Hey at least I will be home tonight when it starts to really hit.  I'll take that at least.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #5   Feb 28, 2005 1:39 pm
One local newscaster just put the Over / Under at 7". LOL.  Nothing yet, but most will start about 5:00pm into the night. Oh goody. Should be a fun drive to work tonight at 10:30 pm. Chris, it's always nice when the storm hits and you have the next day off to clear it. I was lucky the last 2 storms, but not this one. Guess I'll have to get suited up in the morning when I get home from work.
                                                                                                   Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   Feb 28, 2005 1:55 pm
Just got back from lunch and it's actually snowing big ol flakes here in Oklahoma right now.

Only problem is that it's 39 degrees. 

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Feb 28, 2005 2:23 pm
Pretty to watch though.....

I hear you Kevin.  It is just as bad as when the storm is hitting and you are you are at work and have to try to get home.....

Many's the night I had to plow into the top of my drive burying my Buick to the fenders lol....I would then dig it out in the morning.  If I feel energetic that late I have left it in the road with the flashers on and blown a parking spot for it at the top and finished up in the am.  All depends on my mood.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AJace

Reply #8   Feb 28, 2005 2:58 pm
I'm sorry to hear you guys cannot enjoy this great storm with more relaxation and contentment.  I should be able to enjoy all of it without too many problems concerning work.  It's really really comin down right now.  Faster than you can say cheese, those flakes are flying.  I would like to get 2 uses with this storm, but we'll see.  If I clear in the dark pictures probably won't be good if I take any. 

Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #9   Feb 28, 2005 6:34 pm
Yeah Chris, you're going to get hammered up there in NH.

There calling for 9 to 15" in the Boston area, with another 1 to 3" in flurries all day Tuesday ending Wednesday.

Robert

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

AJace

Reply #10   Feb 28, 2005 9:57 pm
I wish that more of it would come my way because I haven't used the blower but only once this season. 

AJace

Reply #11   Mar 1, 2005 1:13 pm
When piled up we did get 1'.  About 5 inches on the drive and I was content when I could blow the backyard.  The blower now has 1.4 hrs. of use.  Soon time for the break-in oil change.  There is still gas that was treated with Tecumseh's stabilizer, and I am wondering how long it will last.   I didn't get to see the packet because the dealer already put in for me. 

Replies: 2 - 11 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42