Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Richie got me hooked!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Richie got me hooked!
Original Message   Feb 20, 2005 8:57 pm
Well, I had the seed planted in my brain by Richie installing an adjustable carburator on his machine....It didn't take too long for it to take root and start me thinking.  I purchased an adjustable carburator on ebay (rebuilt) for $58.  This weekend I installed it and now have it tweeked to run well.  No problem installing it, only had to make some adjustment to the govenor and the high speed limit screw to get the rpm's below 3700.  I had a little problem getting the low speed mixture screw to do anything..  After futzing around I finally got it to do its thing and got it adjusted to perfection.  The tec engine generally does run smoother and appears to have some additional umph.  I got to use it twice today to continue "testing" it. (By the way I now have 11hrs of use since January).  All seems to be well.  Sometimes I get the occasional "pop" or hick-up when idling at full throttle but it does not seem to hinder the abilities of this engine.  All in All I am 95% sure that this was a good move to make.  My EPA carb did not display the problems with surging or power...just made the engine shake like hell!

So far the redesigned chain tensioner is working as it should with no problems...I will keep my fingers crossed

bbwb

Replies: 10 - 19 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: Richie got me hooked!
Reply #10   Feb 21, 2005 4:29 pm
AJace wrote:
That hour meter/tachmeter I have is really great. 

AJ,

Good move on the tach/hour meter   Hey, that photo below your post isn't really you, is it??

Richie
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #11   Feb 21, 2005 6:29 pm
I really really wish that it was.  It's the Ariens company testing their equipment.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #12   Feb 21, 2005 10:49 pm
AJace wrote:
I really really wish that it was.  It's the Ariens company testing their equipment.

Hi AJ,

That really is an incredible photo, must be their 13 Hp model.  Maybe Ariens should consider marketing them as snowblower/tunnel boring machines. 

Richie
AJace

Reply #13   Feb 22, 2005 8:29 pm
It kinda looks like my 926 DLE or the 11528 series. 

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #14   Feb 22, 2005 9:46 pm
Hi AJ-

Lint was only "funnin" you!

You got to do that carb!!

Its' a librerating experience!!!

Kind of like an EPA Boston Tea Party!!!!

Changing to an adjustable jet carb is Patriotic

Marc  

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
AJace

Reply #15   Feb 23, 2005 1:21 am
I'll wait until after my warranty expires, then if I have any gusto I'll do it. 

bbwb

Reply #16   Feb 23, 2005 5:12 pm
AJace

You need to live on the edge like us.....nothing will ever happen to your machine that would require warranty work!!!  That is one reason that I bought a separate carburator so that if I ever did have a problem, 45 minutes of time and then I am back to stock

bbwb

This message was modified Feb 23, 2005 by bbwb
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #17   Feb 23, 2005 5:17 pm
bbwb wrote:
AJace

You need to live on the edge like us.....nothing will ever happen to your machine that would require warranty work!!!  That is one reason that I bought a separate carburator so that if I ever did have a problem, 45 minutes of time and then I am back to stock

bbwb

I do the same with Catalytic Converters.
jubol

Reply #18   Feb 23, 2005 5:17 pm
 BBWB,

Just make sure you clean the carb you took off throughly with carb cleaner.

You do not want to Gum Up the works!

IMHO   Fred   

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
bbwb

Reply #19   Feb 23, 2005 5:23 pm
Yep, all cleaned up and ready for bed

bbwb

Replies: 10 - 19 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42