Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Richie got me hooked!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Richie got me hooked!
Original Message   Feb 20, 2005 8:57 pm
Well, I had the seed planted in my brain by Richie installing an adjustable carburator on his machine....It didn't take too long for it to take root and start me thinking.  I purchased an adjustable carburator on ebay (rebuilt) for $58.  This weekend I installed it and now have it tweeked to run well.  No problem installing it, only had to make some adjustment to the govenor and the high speed limit screw to get the rpm's below 3700.  I had a little problem getting the low speed mixture screw to do anything..  After futzing around I finally got it to do its thing and got it adjusted to perfection.  The tec engine generally does run smoother and appears to have some additional umph.  I got to use it twice today to continue "testing" it. (By the way I now have 11hrs of use since January).  All seems to be well.  Sometimes I get the occasional "pop" or hick-up when idling at full throttle but it does not seem to hinder the abilities of this engine.  All in All I am 95% sure that this was a good move to make.  My EPA carb did not display the problems with surging or power...just made the engine shake like hell!

So far the redesigned chain tensioner is working as it should with no problems...I will keep my fingers crossed

bbwb

Replies: 1 - 29 of 29View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 29 of 29View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42