Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anyone Have a New Toro 1128 OXE?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Anyone Have a New Toro 1128 OXE?
Original Message   Feb 14, 2005 7:50 pm
Hi folks,

If anyone here has this new snowblower, can you tell me how well that new pivoting scraper works.  It's supposed to scrape right down to the ground, yet pivot if an obstruction is encountered.  Seems like an interesting feature and one I've never heard of before.  If good, I'm wondering if it can be retro-fitted to other snowblowers.  Thanks.

Richie
Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Anyone Have a New Toro 1128 OXE?
Reply #9   Feb 14, 2005 11:43 pm
OldToroOwner wrote:

BTW--Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually a former member of the What's the best..." forum, but I , uh.. had to take a break for a while.

OTO, please send me a IM regarding this.

Thank-you,

C

This message was modified Feb 14, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #10   Feb 15, 2005 1:32 pm
This pivoting scraper looks like it would be on the expensive side, not to mention a bit involved to install.  From what I saw on the diagram, my fixed position scraper is tossed aside and replaced with a "scraper cushion" as it's called.  No simple spring screws on this one.  Then, what appears to be the actual pivoting scraper has to be installed by removing the augers, and attached at the same mounting location as the auger shafts. 
The pivoting scraper has long arms that stretch along the insides of the inner auger housing and it sits just in front of the scraper cushion basically where the fixed position scraper is mounted.  A heavy duty spring that attaches to the pivoting scraper keeps it true to the ground and also act as a buffer.  Next time I'm near the dealer, I'll at least get a price for the parts.  
This message was modified Feb 16, 2005 by Richie

Richie
robmints

Reply #11   Feb 15, 2005 2:59 pm
How about that strip of rubber someone used? Who was that?
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #12   Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm
robmints wrote:
How about that strip of rubber someone used? Who was that?

Hi Rob,

That sounds like an interesting idea,  I must have missed that post.  If anything, it would make for easy experimenting.  It could be attached using the existing bolts that hold on the fixed scraper.  It could be a nice compliment to the fixed scraper by having it hang just lower than it.

Richie
patsfan

Reply #13   Feb 15, 2005 5:11 pm
Richie wrote:
This pivoting scraper looks like it would be on the expensive side, not to mention a bit involved to install.  From what I saw on the diagram, my fixed position scraper is tossed aside and replaced with a "scraper cushion" as it's called.  No simple spring screws on this one.  Then, what appears to be the actual pivoting scraper has to be installed by removing the augers, and attached at the same mounting location as the auger shafts. 
The pivoting scraper has long arms that stretch along the insides of the inner auger housing and it sits just in front of the scraper cushion basically where the fixed position scraper is mounted.  A heavy duty spring that attaches to the pivoting scraper seems keep it true to the ground and also act as a buffer.  Next time I'm near the dealer, I'll at least get a price for the parts.  

Yup, that's how it's attached.  You'd have to dismantle the augers,shafts,etc. 

formerly OT
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #14   Feb 15, 2005 9:42 pm
patsfan wrote:
Yup, that's how it's attached.  You'd have to dismantle the augers,shafts,etc. 

The cost of the parts are much  less than I thought they would be at $33.00. I'm going to consider doing it myself.  No way I'm going to pay the dealer to truck this thing back and forth, not to mention their labor charge for the work.  We'll see what happens. 

Richie
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #15   Feb 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Are Richie's posts showing up skewed to right on anyone elses screen?
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #16   Feb 15, 2005 9:50 pm
Ah, it's your web link Richie. You need to fix that. lol
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #17   Feb 15, 2005 10:18 pm
Hi there Marshall,

On my screen they are justified left and the advertisements are on the right.

Richie
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #18   Feb 16, 2005 12:54 pm
Now I'm wanting a Toro 1128 LXE. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42