Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens sno-thro model 91062 - carburetor repair

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pstaecker

ariens sno-thro model 91062 - carburetor repair
Original Message   Jan 27, 2015 4:45 pm
Inherited this machine from my father-in-law over 30 years ago, and it has been running fine - mostly.   In starting it yesterday (anticipating today's blizzard) noted the following:
  • Started on full choke, but could not back off without stalling (that's just sitting in the garage).
  • Let it warm up for 30 min - still on full choke, but try to back off, or try to engage forward motion - stall.
 I'm guessing that it's a carburetor problem, likely not helped by year-old gas in the tank (although shutoff valve closed. So I've started removing the carburetor to prepare it for a fix up.
  1. removed the manual choke assist (closes the intake throat, but is spring-loaded to release when you let go)
  2. removed the sheet metal "airbox" that surrounds the carburetor - carefully.
  3. removed the fuel line from the carb. Note: no sign of either an air filter (note - I've learned from other posts that air filters are not required for snow-thros), or a fuel line filter so far.
  4. removed the throttle linkage to free up space near the carb.I saw two 7/16 nuts attached (apparently) to studs that held the carb to the intake manifold. Removed the exhaust/muffler to get better access to the left nut, and also removed the carb bowl.
  5. carefully started backing out the nuts. And here's where I ran into trouble. Both nuts appeared to be firmly attached to their studs. But as I attempted to back them out, I did not see the nut/stud assembly moving away from the carburetor mounting flange. I see no hint of a nut on the manifold side of the carburetor flange.
Thanks. We are about up to 2ft of snow so far.
This message was modified Jan 28, 2015 by pstaecker
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42