Well here is my most recent find. Actually I bought it at an auction back in August.
But didn't get around to restoring it until earlier this month.
It was pretty rough but started on the second pull. So figured it
was worth the 40.00 I paid for it.
The upper handle was pretty messed up. So I replaced it with one that I kept around from and old Toro CCR2000.
It bolted right up and was also a little longer than the stock Honda handle. Which is nice.
Stripped and repainted the muffler cover. As well as the lower handles.
The blower housing sides needed quite a bit of straighting. Also welded on a small piece of steel onto the bottom of the left side
where it had been worn off. Not adding the piece would have allowed snow and water to get inside what is the belt and pulley
compartment. That would not be good. Installed a new set of paddles and a new scraper that I bought on ebay for $53.00
Cleaned up everything inside. Have to say that these blower are really well built. The steel used for the bucket and the
undercarriage is heavy gauge. Actually the undercarriage is plate steel. The bracket between the engine and the bucket
is like something you would find in a automobile.
Sandblasted the bucket and sealed some of the joints with auto Spot putty. Gave it two coats of Rustoleum Red oxide primer.
Then two top coats of Krylon Tough Rust semi gloss. I did end up giving the center interior section of the housing another
coat of black Rustoleum Hammer finish. That gave it a smoother, slicker finish and that paint if extremely durable.
That is also what I painted the auger with.
Didn't do much else other than check the carb bowl for dirt or signs of water.
Replaced the plug, oil was good and clean. Belt was good. So it's ready to go.
In case some of you noticed there is a modification that I made. I designed a chute rotator system for it.
Which I will show in another thread.