Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > My latest acquisition, Craftsman 8/26 Track Drive

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

My latest acquisition, Craftsman 8/26 Track Drive
Original Message   Dec 15, 2012 9:15 am
Found this on CL the other night. It's an older model but I don't think it saw much use.
Paid $100.00 for it plus $35.00 in fuel to pick it up.
Gave it a bath and it cleaned up nice.  I now have a real understanding for the comments I've
read about moving one of these track drive machines around.  They don't move.  It's like trying
to muscle a wheelbarrow full of sand around in the mud. 
Six forward speeds two reverse.  Got a decent sized
auger gear box.  Augers are free on the shafts and it has grease fittings.  The whole blower section and augers
aren't that beefy, like on some other older model blowers.  12" impeller

The friction wheel and drive plate are much smaller is this blower compared to others I've seen.
So are the drive belt pulley's.  Pretty straight forward drive train.  Axle bushings are good and snug on the shaft.
Got lucky and found a free owners manual online.

It's got a good engine on it w/elec. start.  Carb needs to be pulled and cleaned. All the decals are in good condition.

These are the adjusters for the rear track hubs. There is an inner and outer one.

Drive axle, sprocket and chain.  Driving the front hub.

Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42