Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > your message board is crappy

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

your message board is crappy
Original Message   Feb 7, 2005 5:57 pm
last week i posted a very detailed story about about a honda snowblower .at least i thought i posted it until the site told me i wasnt a member and couldnt post here.and my story was lost in a hurry.

i thought it was somthing i did...and even posted here about it.a few minutes later my computer went down and i didnt get back for days.

this evening i started posting a deatailed story about a kohler engine .

guess what it kicked me out again..and i even checked to see if i was still logged in and i was.

when i hit the post button ...there it was gone .

sombody seems to be playing a nasty trick here.

im not very computer savvy but small engines are my experienca .

if you like me helping then someone best help me.

later a very disapointed chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 11 - 20 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Re: your message board is crappy
Reply #11   Feb 7, 2005 6:48 pm
Yes there we go.  We do have Notepad.

Sherri

buttlint

Reply #12   Feb 7, 2005 7:01 pm
Chris,
The old board had the option too choose how long you wished too stay logged on. (I think "forever" was one of the choices.)
This board still scares me too. It has eaten up a couple of my rants. (Maybe that is the purpose behind it !.... )
The keep me logged thing helped. Using Mozilla instead of explorer browser seem too have cleared up some problems. (Not only here, but other places too.)
Even on the old board....I would copy and paste too Notepad when I found myself being long winded. (That still works here....but the Control-V and C things are a PIA!)
There are alot of things I like about this board...and there some things I dont. (I suppose if I would go and hang out at the "help" board more often...I might find some answers.)
Hang in there buddy.....It's just like going too those "update" seminars every spring. Sometimes you just sit there and want too roll your eyes and say too yourself "Why in the h*ll didnt they just leave that the way it was..it worked just fine!" This board is "new product".....It takes some time too learn "what breaks" and why. You have our home numbers...never hesitate too use it if you need some help. Nobody here ever hesitates too ask you for help when they need it. later, 'lint.
robmints

Reply #13   Feb 7, 2005 7:03 pm
The pictures download directly from your machine.
You browse for it on your machine, and say OK.

That is different than posting to a thread.

I'm just the messenger.
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #14   Feb 7, 2005 7:07 pm
I think I tried that...but it didn't work.  I had a snowblower saved in the memory and browsed to it, but if you check the reviews, I have no Snapper blower picture to go with it.

I'll try it again later maybe.  I have to do some more looking in my books and get more info ingrained in my brain. Blahhhhh.

Sherri

Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #15   Feb 7, 2005 7:08 pm
Sherri,

Just tell Chris to print (or write) out his post and tape it to the screen.  Then after you type it in for him tell him that the computer has a scanner that takes a while to download written documents.  He's a guy, if he's like most guys he'll believe it...

Walt

MissSnowshoveler

Reply #16   Feb 7, 2005 7:15 pm
Holy Moly Walt - I never thought of that.

I best buy some paper and more pens for this place.  LOL

Sherri

Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #17   Feb 7, 2005 7:19 pm
It'll keep him where you know you can find him...
This message was modified Feb 7, 2005 by Walt
Termy

Reply #18   Feb 7, 2005 8:07 pm
Its not easy to build such a great forum as this. Keep in mind this forum will get even better soon! I think that if you have alot of money, you should at least donate 100 bucks

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #19   Feb 7, 2005 8:13 pm
Terminator20 wrote:
Its not easy to build such a great forum as this. Keep in mind this forum will get even better soon! I think that if you have alot of money, you should at least donate 100 bucks
PO BOX 1234 Tulsa Ok.
Attn Marshall
Cash only please           
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #20   Feb 7, 2005 8:19 pm
im a bit better now ,i cried myself to sleep and woke up in a better frame of mind..

ill try to behave ,but if you knew  how hard typing was for me you would feel real bad for me.honest.

its not that i cant read or write (although i spell much better in person )i just cant type worth a fart.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 11 - 20 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42