Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Latest Score Murray SS machine with TH139SA Engine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Latest Score Murray SS machine with TH139SA Engine
Original Message   Jul 4, 2012 2:08 pm
Just scooped up this 2006 Murray SS machine with the vernerable Tecumseh TH139SA engine.  The thing is almost mint.  Got it for $30.00!  Took it home, pulled the carb apart, to clean it but it was spotless.  It does have a cheap plastic main jet in it though.  Nonetheless, it runs like a champ.  Previous owner said he couldn't get it running and probably needed the carb cleaned.  I found out that all that was keeping it from running was old gas with more oil in the mix than fuel.  Cleaned everything up, added fresh fuel and it fired right up.  I was amazed how good it looks considering it sat outside in the elements for a couple of years, uncovered and unprotected.  It's got a bit of rust on the muffler but nothing to be concerned about. 

Note string attached.  I figured that since I had it apart, I might as well give it the treatment.  This engine has the same crank dimensions as my Craftsman machine.  They're virtually identical.  Might as well unload the MTD now that I have two of these babies!

By the way, I noticed how quiet it is on the site.  What's happening?  Nothing going on or is everyone too busy? 

Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42