Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > cub cadet 2186 deck assist

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mkd55

cub cadet 2186 deck assist
Original Message   May 16, 2012 3:33 pm
have a 2001 2000 series 2186 which has the right side deck assist spring. this spring is mounted to a chrome horizontal rod that is bolted to the right side of the frame inboard of the rear right tire and wheel.the rear of the rod was rubbing on the inside of the rear right tire so i took it apart and shimmed it so it doesn't ride on the tire anymore.i for the life of me can't see how this rod and spring setup assists the deck raising ?the  chrome rod has a hole roughly mid way in it's lenght and is held in place by a bolt thru the frame.  the rod itself can pivot freely on the bolt and a spring is attached at the foreward end of the rod and to the rear right corner of the mower deck?with the rod being able to pivot in the center can someone explain to me how it assists the deck raising and lowering?as the deck goes up and down the rod just pivots on it's mounting bolt? i've had this deck off a couple of times since new for cleaning and pretty sure everything is attached correctly.does anyone know how the right side power assist is suppose to function?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42