Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to insert links into a post

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

How to insert links into a post
Original Message   Nov 30, 2011 8:31 am
Thought this might be of some help.  It's a screwy way to have to do it.  But it works.
• Highlight the text that you want to be connected to the link.
• Next, click on the insert/edit link icon.  Paste the link info into the box. Click OK
That should be all you have to do, but it isn't.  You have to repeat the process.
• Make sure the text is still highlighted that you want the link connected to.
• Next, click on the insert/edit link icon again. A box may open that says something like "undefined".  Simply Close that box and click on the insert/edit link icon again
• This time when it opens it will have something that says "Java Script...." in the link info box.
• Highlight and delete the info and re-paste in your link.  Click "OK" and that should do it.
This message was modified Oct 14, 2012 by jrtrebor
Replies: 2 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Shryp

Re: How to insert links into a post
Reply #2   Nov 30, 2011 12:36 pm
You don't have to post your comment, edit it, then post again.

Write your text, highlight it, click the "insert/edit link" button, paste in the address, hit ok, hit cancel, hit the "insert/edit link" button again, delete the nonsense that is now in the link box, paste the address in a second time, now hit ok.
jrtrebor

Reply #3   Nov 30, 2011 8:42 pm
Thanks, I'll have to try it that way. 
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #4   Dec 1, 2011 2:53 am
Shryp wrote:
You don't have to post your comment, edit it, then post again.

Write your text, highlight it, click the "insert/edit link" button, paste in the address, hit ok, hit cancel, hit the "insert/edit link" button again, delete the nonsense that is now in the link box, paste the address in a second time, now hit ok.

Shryp, thanks a lot for sharing that tip on posting a link.  I've been successful at this before on the forum, but then all of a sudden I couldn't get it to work for anything.  I tried your instructions, and it works!  I don't understand why we have to go through such a weird routine.  Why can't Abbysguide just make it work the very first time? 

Here's what I did: 

I was viewing the website that I wanted to post.  I first of all went to my Firefox address bar, copied the address of the website I was looking at, then went to my post while it was in edit mode, and just pasted it to my text area.  Then I followed your instructions.  It worked.  Thanks, again.
This message was modified Dec 1, 2011 by coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Shryp

Reply #5   Dec 1, 2011 5:41 am
I have no idea why it works or doesn't.  For a short time all I had to do was paste the link as text in the post and it would work automatically.  That didn't last long and I finally figured out the above steps and they have worked ever since.
oljeeptek

Reply #6   Dec 1, 2011 9:45 pm
Keeps the spammers away.
Replies: 2 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42