Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN
Original Message   Jan 27, 2005 8:44 am
Hi Fred,

I couldn't find the thread on this list when this subject came up a few days ago, so I thought I'd make a new one.  I saw the Mpeg on their website you sent me to and thought it was great.  It almost seems too good to be true how well this works.  I should have it in my hands in a few days and you can bet I'm going to demo it for myself just as they did in the Mpeg.  I think I'll be leaving out all the debris in my test, but will certainly try the "water" trick.  Thank you again for recommending it to me

Richie
Replies: 27 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mrmom

Re: Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN
Reply #27   Jan 31, 2005 6:31 pm
Got the funnel today. Pretty quick shipping and the guy even gave me a refund on shipping costs. Had a couple of dollars paper-clipped to the one page instructions along with his business card. Can't beat that!

Tried out the funnel and it works great!

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #28   Jan 31, 2005 6:43 pm
Patrick,

Try the water test, you won't believe it

Richie
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #29   Jan 31, 2005 9:48 pm
Does the funnel have filters that need to be replaced, or is it like one of those brass coffee filters where you just have to clean it out.  (I'm not comparing this product to a coffee filter)

--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #30   Jan 31, 2005 10:05 pm
SnowRemover wrote:
Does the funnel have filters that need to be replaced, or is it like one of those brass coffee filters where you just have to clean it out.  (I'm not comparing this product to a coffee filter)

--SnowRemover

The filter is permanently attached. You just clean it out.

Try filling it to the top with water and it will probably pass some. Mine does. But that is beyond what it what designed to do in terms of water pressure on the filter membrane.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #31   Jan 31, 2005 10:20 pm
It has a teflon coated stainless filter.  It filters down to 74 microns.  I don't know how small that is, but considering it won't allow water to pass unless under pressure, I'd say it's a very fine filter.

HighWind, make sure it doesn't pass water at 1/3 full.  Bill said if it passes that test, its perfect.  He has only seen one bad one that was damaged during shipping in all the time he's been selling them.  I would expect it to leak some filling it to the top.  I suppose that is good to know, I would imagine I should pour fuel into it slowly so not to allow the free water to pass through the filter.  Maybe that is what the recessed cup area is for.  Any water would or should end up down in that area anyway.

Richie
Replies: 27 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42