Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Best ice remover for paving stone driveway

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Chuck1

Best ice remover for paving stone driveway
Original Message   Jan 25, 2005 12:35 pm
IThis is not a real snow blower question, though it is relevant in that if we get additional snow (which I've no doubt we will) I won't be able to clear my driveway with my machine as I won't be able to get any traction.   

On Saturday past we received 61 centimeters of snow (23+ inches), which  I promptly cleaned up, leaving about 1/4" of snow on the driveway. Yesterday we had torrential rain  (typical for our climate). Today it's -2C (26.6F) and everything is frozen solid; despite my hard work, my driveway resembles a hockey rink.   

Anyway, it's my first year in this house and it has what I call a "doggie bone" brick driveway (I believe they're called paving stones). Can anyone give me some advice on what to use to get a grip on the ice? I really don't want to use salt as I'm concerned that it will damage or stain the stones. Sand is an option that came to mind, but I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Ariens 11528, Yard Machine by MTD 6.0HP Mower, Weed Eater GTI-15, Simoniz S1600 Washer, Weber Silver C.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42