Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > JD 826 snowblower issues

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
brucea

JD 826 snowblower issues
Original Message   Dec 9, 2009 1:42 pm
I bought a used John Deere 826 blower this past summer. Ran great but now that we've had a MAJOR blizzard I'm having trouble keeping it running. I adjusted the carb and now it seems to run ok but after using it for a little while it end up killing on me. I think it has something to do with the safety switches / levers that kill it when the auger is running. The reason I suspect this is that after it does die it will only start again when I have them depressed (even when the auger is disengaged). Anyone else had any experience with this? Any good way to re-wire and or bypass these?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: JD 826 snowblower issues
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2009 2:13 pm
   No help  with JD interlocks but you could test a bit to isolate.

See if you have spark after it dies without the levers engaged.  You could have a loose wire.  It might be dying for a bad plug which when hot opens.  Or a blocked gas vent which will kill the engine but start up later. 

From your description the interlocks work, the machine runs then cuts out then will only start  with the levers depressed.  It does not seem like they are a problem unless you have a consistant intermittant which generally does not happen.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42