Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Solara buys a toro and ends up w/ an Ariens 11528le for $500.25

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
solara

Solara buys a toro and ends up w/ an Ariens 11528le for $500.25
Original Message   Jan 22, 2005 9:59 pm
i decided to go to HD to see what hey had left.  That was last night. They had 1 toro 8hp for 750, unassembled. I paid for it. Hd to assemble it that night or next morning.

I put sold sticker on Box. (Hd would not honor a 10% coupon that I had bought on ebay-too ld.)  (Also decided  that i did not like he control setup on the older toro 826 that i had bought. that is now on Craig's List)

Next morning i wake up call HD. No one Knows anything. HD to call me back. It does not. W and I go there.

As feared they sold my bought and paid for toro. W gets Manager   W apoplectic.

He first tries to get me into the ariens 8526le. i said no. i wanted the toro. he then offers the 11528le (that had sold for 1299 and was on sale for 979)for $750.

I really wanted the toro and he could see that. I also knew and told him how heavy and unwieldly the 11528le is(based upon a thread herein)  Finally he said what can he do. I said take 250$ off of the 750 price i had paid and give me the 11528le.  Manager finally agreed. ( i should have asked for more!) so $500.25 out the door.

so now I am a new owner of a new Ariens. at 38.5% of list

HD was not charging anyone the set up fee. and that is fair since what they do is not set up.   Multiple pieces were not correctly instaled

******questions*****

I did the 15 minute breakin , etc.

Does anyone pull he recoil starter and /.or run the starter BEFORE shutting OFF the machine??? (as directed to by the manual?)

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42