Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > If you want snow, YOU GOT IT!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Torch

If you want snow, YOU GOT IT!
Original Message   Jan 21, 2005 9:06 am
I have to say, you guys are one hell of a group.  I was doing a search for snow thrower a couple weeks ago when I found the WTBL site.  Just as it was going down.  I've always been a shoveler, love snow, love to shovel it.  I just take my portable CD player, put on some hard rockin' music and I swear I can shovel the planet.  People could never understand why I liked shoveling and told me I should get a snow thrower.  I would tell them "I'm the snow thrower."  No need for a weenie machine.  I just finished building a home, moved in just before Christmas.  Lived in an apartment for too many years, but still used to shovel out the senior citizens in my building and walk arond the complex helping to dig people out.  I would also shovel my mom's and still do.  Two years ago I actually tried the snow thrower that was in my mom's garage.  It was an old Toro and would backfire among other problems.  But even in it's sad condition, I could still see the appeal of using one.  That's why it would drive my dad nuts when I would go out to shovel the snow because he wanted to use the thrower.  And he would get carried away.  I would be shoveling in the back and he would disappear.  I would go out front and wonder where the hell he was, then all of a sudden here's this big plume of snow up above the tall bushes by the house at the end of the block.  Yeah, it's a lot of fun.  When it comes to snow I guess...no, I know I'm still a kid, always will be.

I still don't own one yet, but was definitely considering one.  That's how I ended up here.  I could see a lot of people finding this site, reading the posts, and thinking you guys are all nuts.  But you're a good group.  In one of your posts, someone brought up the ised of having a big snow party where everyone gets togther with their throwers and just goes to town.  What a killer idea. 

I haven't bought a thrower but have definitely been looking at them and have been using a lot of what I read here as criteria to make a decision.  So thanks to all of you. 

Anyway, snow.  I live in northwest Indiana, aka the Chicagoland area.  Were supposed to get 6" to 8" tonight followed by 4" to 6" tomorrow, looks pretty promising.  That's more like it, and it's about damn time.

James

Replies: 1 - 15 of 15View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 15 of 15View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42