Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HD ad

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

HD ad
Original Message   Jan 20, 2005 3:25 pm
A Home Despot ad came with my newspaper today saying "10-25% off all snow throwers".  While running my errands, decided to stop in at my local HD to see what they were offering (Holland, OH). Turns out they had many Toro electric power shovels, two Toro 3650's still in the box (**all assembly required**), and one Yard Man 10.5 hp 2 stage (just like the one pictured in the ad). Nothing else that I could see. This Yard Man had a chute control that didn't work, and a chute that really was PLASTIC. Understand, I'm not knocking the Yard Man. It might be perfectly fine for an average winter in, say...San Diego. But this would be the wrong machine to buy if you lived in Buffalo, Bangor or Boston. It was only $100 less that the Toro 726 I purchased a year and half ago.

Moral of the story: Shop the Depot and the other big box stores if you wish, but don't neglect your local dealer. Any Simplicity, Ariens, Toro or Honda would run rings around the Yard Man machine I saw today, and last a lot longer.  My $.02 .

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42