Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens differential upgrade kit

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jaks51703

Ariens differential upgrade kit
Original Message   Dec 15, 2007 11:57 am
Hi, I am a new to this forum, but have been reading quite a bit lately. I read on here that Ariens makes an upgrade it to convert a non-differential unit to one with a differential. Has anyone purchased this upgrade?? I checked Ariens parts radar, but nothing seems to come up for an accessory kit. I have a 1027LE , and am wondering if it would be worthwhile to purchase the upgrade or trade mine in on a DLE model ...Any info would be helpful.. I dont have a paved driveway so the locked axle plays havoc on chewing it up and it is quite a pain to constantly be locking and unlocking the axle since i have compound curves i have to deal with.

Thanks

Jeff

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
nibbler

Re: Ariens differential upgrade kit
Reply #1   Dec 15, 2007 1:40 pm
If I remember correctly the upgrade kit is for certain specific recent models. The discussion specified the models so try looking there. The other thing would be to contact Ariens tech support and ask them.
Snowmann

Reply #2   Dec 15, 2007 2:18 pm
jaks51703 wrote:
Hi, I am a new to this forum, but have been reading quite a bit lately. I read on here that Ariens makes an upgrade it to convert a non-differential unit to one with a differential. Has anyone purchased this upgrade?? I checked Ariens parts radar, but nothing seems to come up for an accessory kit. I have a 1027LE , and am wondering if it would be worthwhile to purchase the upgrade or trade mine in on a DLE model ...Any info would be helpful.. I dont have a paved driveway so the locked axle plays havoc on chewing it up and it is quite a pain to constantly be locking and unlocking the axle since i have compound curves i have to deal with.

Thanks

Jeff

I should know Monday on cost and availability. PM me them and I'll check on it. It isn't currently available, but perhaps within a few days.

PK
jaks51703

Reply #3   Dec 15, 2007 4:11 pm
Snowmann...thanks for the info, i will PM you monday morning sometime. In case you needed the model # its 921002... I just purchased the unit  a month ago...Also, do you know what would have to changed on my unit ( axles, wheels...etc.)?? ...Also do you know if the Planetary style differential is available as an upgrade since i already have the trigger lock that could be used to solid lock the axles, or just the fully automatic one? Thanks

Jeff

This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by jaks51703
grump

Reply #4   Sep 15, 2012 7:29 am
Tried googling "ariens diferential upgrade" and couldn't find this.

Is it something that'll change the pin drive system to a real differential?

I'd jump on that in a heartbeat!
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42