Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > My New Method For Clearing Snow.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PCPC

Honda 1132 snow thrower, Simplicity 1060 snow thrower, RedMax EBZ8000 leaf blower, older Snapper self propelled mower, Echo weed wacker, 20 + year old 16" McCulloch Chain Saw, wheel barrel with a flat tire, and a rusty shovel!

My New Method For Clearing Snow.
Original Message   Dec 5, 2005 7:55 pm
Last week, I purchased a Redmax 8000 leaf blower. I never owned a leaf blower before, and when I was trying it out last week, cleaning the sidewalk, and the paved area around my shop, I accidentally blew off a piece of loose black top.

After the light snow we had this weekend, I should have gone to the shop, and shoveled on Sunday, but was lazy. When I came in this morning, the sidewalk was all ice. It was too hard to shovel, and a pain to chop with the scraper. I was thinking about what I did to my black top last week, so I whipped out the leaf blower, and couldn't believe it was actually working. It blew the ice off the sidewalk in sheets. Now it wasn't a bitter cold day, but the ice was pretty hard. It seemed to work better on older parts of the sidewalk, which are rougher. The real smooth parts, bonded with the ice better. I guess there weren't enough pockets that the air could get under. It did work pretty good though on the smoother parts too, but took a little longer.

I'm thinking that with light snows, which are not enough for my 2 stage snowblower, that this might just do the trick. Has anyone else use their leaf blower to clear snow? I'm curious to see how it works on a light wet snow too...
Replies: 3 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
luggy

Re: My New Method For Clearing Snow.
Reply #3   Jan 29, 2006 3:30 am
Denis wrote:
 why not? I used to get a drill to stir a cake...

LOL

Tool time has us all hyped up. The red max 8000 is a very powerful backpack, but there is hard choice between the Stihl br600 and the 8000. I don't own either, but they both have outdone each other. The race is on to make the next most powerful back pack. http://www.lawncafe.com/t12155-what-to-buy-stihl-br600-or-redmax-8000.html

luggy

Reply #4   Jan 29, 2006 3:37 am
Forgot to make that a link. :(

Link

kcfly

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public - unknown

Reply #5   Jan 29, 2006 9:39 am
I've used my leaf blower to clear snow on my back patio for years.  It is hard to get to with the snow blower and it works great unless there is a LOT of snow.

Why not? 
Bacardi

Reply #6   Jan 29, 2006 10:33 am
I've been using a leaf blower for a couple of years to clean off the light dustings we sometimes get. Works great. Ice is usually so bonded to the driveway that I haven't tried it for that.
patsfan

Reply #7   Jan 29, 2006 12:21 pm
Bacardi wrote:
I've been using a leaf blower for a couple of years to clean off the light dustings we sometimes get. Works great. Ice is usually so bonded to the driveway that I haven't tried it for that.

Yeah, it works well for light dusitings and I clear the car too.  Also, I use it to dry the car after using the power washer.

formerly OT
Replies: 3 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42