Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > GREAT time of year for bargains on snowblowers!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

GREAT time of year for bargains on snowblowers!
Original Message   Jun 29, 2005 3:33 pm
I just got one for a Bolens tractor for under $1 on Ebay. It's 40 minutes from work, so I'll have more invested in the gas to fetch it, than the cost, but won't have to pay shipping. It's a good day

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 14 - 23 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
itzbinnice

Re: GREAT time of year for bargains on snowblowers!
Reply #14   Jul 1, 2005 9:03 pm
Marty,

You could fall into a cesspool and come out smelling like a bouquet of roses.

Will

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #15   Jul 2, 2005 1:16 am
That's awsome.  You can actually see yourself.  I wish I'd run into those kinds of deals and get some dough out of it.  NJ seems to me like a state that has all kinds of stuff thrown out and people come get it and fix it up.  Tell how much you end up getting for it. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #16   Jul 2, 2005 1:23 am
Marty, you freak me out.

Good on you buddy!
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #17   Jul 2, 2005 5:20 am
I hope ya gave the guy somethin'.  Sh1t mail him an anonymous check for a hundo if he wouldnt take it.Karma baby!
Garandman

Reply #18   Jul 2, 2005 9:02 am
Majorxlr8n wrote:
I checked the newspaper classifieds while at work at 5am & found an ad for a free Murray "riding mower". I called at 7am (the guy was up thankfully!) & he told me its fairly clean but doesn't run, & theres a lawn sweeper included, ALL FOR FREE. I tell him I'll pick it up today at his convenience....

Marty

So, is that why they call it Freehold?
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #19   Jul 6, 2005 3:40 pm
I haven't had any opertunity to scrounge in all the parts of this country, but NJ sure seems like it has a lot of folks with more money than common sense. It was over 25 years ago when my brother was getting married, and didn't have any money to spare, as he was only 20 and had bought a house and a car. He and I went out during the various local town and township "clean-up" days and basically furnished his entire house, except for the new bed he got as a wedding gift. The northwest corner of the state, specifically near Oldwick and Bedminster is were the Forbes's and Onassis and Rockafeller famiies like to live, and they tend throw out much better stuff than most of the rest of us own. My brother was a painter back then and painted the interior of a 1.3 MILLION dollar barn.... that's in 1970s dollars! They spent over $12,000 on the front door of this barn.... It's a wonderful place to trash hunt.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #20   Jul 6, 2005 4:12 pm
WOW    I wish stuff popped up like that around here. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Emmo

Reply #21   Jul 8, 2005 7:57 pm
Emmo

Reply #22   Jul 8, 2005 8:00 pm
Garandman

Reply #23   Jul 8, 2005 10:10 pm
Emmo wrote:
They used these to plow the sidewalks in my home town - Andover, MA. They work very well.....

Replies: 14 - 23 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42