Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > GREAT time of year for bargains on snowblowers!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

GREAT time of year for bargains on snowblowers!
Original Message   Jun 29, 2005 3:33 pm
I just got one for a Bolens tractor for under $1 on Ebay. It's 40 minutes from work, so I'll have more invested in the gas to fetch it, than the cost, but won't have to pay shipping. It's a good day

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 4 - 13 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: GREAT time of year for bargains on snowblowers!
Reply #4   Jun 30, 2005 3:16 am
$1.00, NICE!!!!!

How much for just one rib??

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #5   Jun 30, 2005 7:17 am
bontaiJoe wrote:
I just got one for a Bolens tractor for under $1 on Ebay. It's 40 minutes from work, so I'll have more invested in the gas to fetch it, than the cost, but won't have to pay shipping. It's a good day

Excellent snag there BontaiJoe!

What happened to Marty? Must have a cold not to have sniffed that one out first.

This message was modified Jun 30, 2005 by Highwind

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

bontaiJoe

Reply #6   Jun 30, 2005 9:04 am
Here is what $0.99 bought yesterday. Looks to be in pretty good condition. Now I need to find a tractor to power the thing for $0.99

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Emmo

Reply #7   Jun 30, 2005 1:28 pm
Here's another bargain for those looking to make a quick job of it...........
bontaiJoe

Reply #8   Jun 30, 2005 1:54 pm
Emmo,

Thanks for posting that! I have experienced some winters where that beauty would have been most welcome.

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #9   Jun 30, 2005 11:51 pm
Marty's busy playing with ornaments.......

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Majorxlr8n

Reply #10   Jul 1, 2005 12:08 am
Joe - GREAT score on that snowblower attachment!  Break out the welder & make it fit!

Frank - That ornament is the only snowblower I've snagged in 2 months (the last being a running, electric start Toro S-620 for $15) I'm going through snowblower withdrawl!!

I've been scouring the papers for deals on snowblowers. Deals are present, but my luck has been poor lately. I call up & we can't meet due to their schedule, so they say they will call back & never do. I've been hounding a lady for a 5 year old, 8hp Sears priced at $50, but she just can't seem to find time for me to come over to pick it up - why advertise then?

I did get a 18hp 46" Murray tractor for FREE 2 weeks ago. Guess my luck ain't too bad...

Marty

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #11   Jul 1, 2005 12:57 am
for FREE?  Does it work, tell us the story about that one. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Garandman

Reply #12   Jul 1, 2005 8:00 am
Craiglsit has some good deals in  the Boston area.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #13   Jul 1, 2005 7:07 pm
AJace wrote:
for FREE?  Does it work, tell us the story about that one. 

I checked the newspaper classifieds while at work at 5am & found an ad for a free Murray "riding mower". I called at 7am (the guy was up thankfully!) & he told me its fairly clean but doesn't run, & theres a lawn sweeper included, ALL FOR FREE. I tell him I'll pick it up today at his convenience. I get there & much to my surprise, I find a CLEAN Murray 46" garden tractor with an 18hp, twin cylinder Briggs Stratton, new battery, new starter & solenoid, 2 new extra belts, 2 new extra idler pulleys, & a 38" Agri-Fab lawn sweeper. A bad positive battery cable connection was rectified & now she starts & runs 100%! The brakes didn't work due to mounds of mud & grass caked on the brake unit - I cleaned it, adjusted it & we have brakes. The front wheels were wobbly & loose, and it only needed new wheel bearings (a whopping cost of $15 for all four) to tighten up the front. Wadda ya think?

Marty

This message was modified Jul 2, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

Replies: 4 - 13 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42