Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 3-point-hitch 72" Finish Mower Recomendations ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

3-point-hitch 72" Finish Mower Recomendations ?
Original Message   Jul 1, 2005 5:35 pm
Hi...

2 1/2+ acres to mow... flat... few obstacles... 25 PTO HP compact tractor... mow every three weeks or more... 6-8" tall sometinmes 24"... wet or dry... previous hay field... gotta' mow when I'm there... it's out-of-state... go there for the weekend...

Looking for advice/opinions/knowledge of 3-point-hitch rear-discharge finish mower decks... got prices on Deere/Frontier... Woods... Landpride... so far... have not seen any of 'em...

Some are "residential" use... more $$$ for non-residential... I like to over-buy and under-use... if the price difference isn't too much...

I'll guess they are fairly similar in performance... but wonder on price differences...

Residential...   Landpride     Woods      Deere/Frontier(made by Woods)

Model

$$$        ...out of time !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 14 - 23 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: 3-point-hitch 72" Finish Mower Recomendations ?
Reply #14   Jul 19, 2005 9:17 pm
Great to hear you are getting a job you look forward to.  I would have the equipment on hand to hay, and some to mow when you need to.  It depends on your situation.  Something will work out.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #15   Jul 19, 2005 9:45 pm
Dave, I am very happy to hear that! Good things come to good people and you fit the bill! 
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #16   Jul 19, 2005 10:51 pm
Hmm, Looking for somebody to House Sit up in VT..

And excersise the tractor.....

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #17   Jul 20, 2005 7:21 am
Interesting and good tips robmints !

Thanks guys...

MM.. no house to sit... but a small self-contained camper is there.. complete with cooler and grill !  ...and yeah... two tractors to have fun with !

Yeah... will wait to see where I'll be on the 1st assignment before buying anything... there's a chance it will be in CT commutable from home !

Doing research... analysis and thinking now... The Gravely can finish out the season... and probably 10 more... just got the "new OPE" bug...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

MountainMan

Reply #18   Jul 20, 2005 10:34 pm
Hey DAVE, maybe we should have a Campout in VT, all the New England members can pitch tents out in your Field, drink beer, and have tractor races

LOL, that could be mighty interesting.............

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #19   Jul 20, 2005 10:43 pm
Sounds like something that needs to be brought into action.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #20   Jul 21, 2005 7:15 am
MM...

Sounds good to me !

Races will have to be with mower's running... might as well get the lot cut !   Maybe a competition for best "striping effects"... 

I'll be there this weekend from early Friday afternoon...

Need directions ?

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

MountainMan

Reply #21   Jul 21, 2005 8:38 am
Dave___in___CT wrote:

I'll be there this weekend from early Friday afternoon...

Need directions ?

Dave...

Unfortunatly, My work rotation starts on Friday, till Tuesday night.

But we should do some sort of Central get together before winter sets in. I figure that theres at least 6 of us in New england, and we could find a location for a Dinner, Or Campout, or whatever.

Maybe we should start a thread for this

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #22   Jul 21, 2005 12:21 pm
Any kind of get together sounds fine ...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #23   Jul 24, 2005 5:39 pm
Update...

Bought a used (35 hours on it)... Woods brand RD7200 72" cut rear discharge mower deck for a 3-point-hitch hookup... a heavy duty mower...

Loaded it into my pickup bed this Friday... drove to my lot in VT... spent ~~3 hours hookin' it to the tractor and adjusting... and finally mowed mostly dry grass Saturday 2pm...

Deck weighs 650+ pounds... tractor didn't even know it was there... cuts nice !   ~2 1/2 acres cut in 2+ hours at 3.2 MPH... like riddin' in a Cady... tractor cab kept me outta' the sun... power steering... fan... sweet !       ...trimmed with the vintage Gravely that still amazes me...

Now... my research turns to a smaller-cut (44" - 48") lawn tractor for the trimming work...

Anyone interested in a vintage Gravely garden tractor with a 5-foot mower deck ? Rebuilt V-twin... shaft mower deck drive... 8 forward speeds... Hi-Low range... tank-like build... ...hydraulic deck lift... Equivalent new (any brand) machine is about $10,000...   Asking $1,300... model KT199 Professional (?)...

It's in VT... but can transport to MA & CT & western NY...

Dave...

This message was modified Jul 25, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 14 - 23 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42