Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Post pictures of your OPE collection!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Post pictures of your OPE collection!
Original Message   May 17, 2005 3:51 pm
Being kinda new here, I figured it would be kinda cool to share some pictures of your OPE collection  and describe what kind of yard you have. I will start it off:

I live in Wantagh Long Island NY. My house is on a corner and my property is 85 x 112 ft. (lots of sidewalk!) And around here, it is a contest to see who has the nicest yard Lots of people hire it done and I used to do the same for 2 years but the pro's can never do as good of a job as me  The Pressure Washer, Mower, Snowblower, and the Echo blower were all purchase since I joined this awesome  forum!  Look what you guys have done!!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment group shots. I just cleaned up all my equipment and changed the oil/filters and gave them all the once over. Back row From left to right...

Troy Built 4.75HP pressure washer, 4.5HP Craftsman Yard Vac, MTD 3.5HP edger, Bradley 32" 12.5 HP Mower, Ariens 8.5HP Snowblower...

Front row: Homelite line trimmer (cheap but it works) and Echo BP200 Blower

So far, I am very happy with this equipment (The Snow Blower has not been used yet) The only thing I would have purchased different is my line trimmer. I would have went with an Echo straight shaft.

OK...Now I showed you mine, lets see yours!!!

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 30 - 39 of 39Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lland

Re: Post pictures of your OPE collection!
Reply #30   May 20, 2005 9:55 am
Yup, just a homeowner...about 3/4 acre but with dreams of owning more.  As I tell everyone, if I didn't have to work for a living, I'd be mowing lawns, it's just something I (like the rest of us) truly enjoy.

The only change I would make in my equipment today is that instead of the tractor, I'd take a good hard look at a ZTR.  I considered one a couple of years ago but didn't get it because I wanted one with individual pumps and wheel motors rather than the dual intergrated hydros that most residential units have (the Snappers with separate pumps/motors weren't around then), couldn't justify the price or size of a commercal unit, and didn't want to buy used (I like having a warranty).  When the trimmer goes (it's a cheap Deere (Homelite) that shows no signs of slowing down), I'll probably replace it with an Echo, Stihl or the like.

The other evening, I told my wife I was depressed...with the addition of the backpack blower, I had basically obtained all of the OPE I really wanted...but after thinking about it, I still don't have a pressure washer...

LL

This message was modified May 23, 2005 by lland

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #31   May 20, 2005 8:56 pm
Ohhhhh Presure Washer = FUN  FUN  FUN!!!

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Termy

Reply #32   May 20, 2005 9:01 pm
I am going to be buying a preasure washer in a couple months. I am looking at a Black & Decker 1600 PSI model as its only going to be for home use and I don't need alot of PSI.

lland

Reply #33   May 20, 2005 10:49 pm
I was at Lowes a month or so ago and they had one of those big pressure washers with a 13HP Honda GX on clearance for $500, regularly around $1,000.  It was as-is but the only thing I could find wrong was that it was missing the hose assembly and any attachments it may have come with.  There was most likely nothing wrong with it as there had clearly never been any fuel in the tank.  I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.

I think it may have been this one.

LL

Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #34   May 20, 2005 11:43 pm
Hi LL.

Just wondering how you like your Husqvarna 145 backpack blower. Thats the model I've been eyeing up, but haven't had a chance to test one yet. Does it have the power to move most debris and how is it to operate for an extended period of time. And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you?

Thanks,    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
lland

Reply #35   May 21, 2005 3:23 am
Kevin,

Here's the story behind the blower:  The story behind the blower

I'm still waiting for one part which should be here next Wednesday.  I haven't fired it up yet but I'll let you know when I do.

LL

Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #36   May 21, 2005 9:43 am
Thanks LL. I remember reading reading about that now. Good deal. Well, when you get it going let us know how it performs.

Thanks again,    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #37   May 21, 2005 9:56 am
Brian,

How's that Craftsman Yard Vac work? I see them at Sears everytime I'm there, they stick them where you have to walk right buy them, you can't miss them at the Sears here. I always wondered how they did.
cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #38   May 21, 2005 10:37 am
Marshall, If you have lots of leaves that you have to pick up (Not mulch with a mower) the macine is a god send! It has a powerful suction and will pick up small as well as very large leaves yet It leaves small peables in place! My buddy has one too (I talked him into it!) and he is just as happy with his. He picks up pine needles. The only issue he has is with the bag. He has to run over lots of concreate and it wears a hole in the bottom of the bag. He has gone through 3 of them so far and they are expensive. I actually use mine more than he does and am still on the original bag. As for the blower section, it is awesome! There is nothing like CFM!!! Makes my little Echo a toy in comparision! However, there is no way to adjust the air output without moving the whole machine. Sears sells a more expensive model that is red if  remember right and it has a bigger engine and a large air output tube that allows you to control the blowers output. Plus it is self propelled (I have NO IDEA why you would want that? it is soooo easy to push) Here is a picture from e-bay:

As for the wood chipper, it too is good for the small branches that fall from trees. Nothing to big but It will take whatever you can fit down the tube. I wonder how long before I need to sharpen the blades??? I have filed the bag a few times with just wood chips!

All in all, a good machine. The engine runs strong but is is hard to pull (has a large heavy cutter wheel inside that you are pulling along with the engine itself and therefore when you cut the engine there is a long coast down).

I hope this helps a bit.

When I get a chance, I am going to write up a review on all my gear and post it in the review sections. I may cut and paste whats above for the yard vac! LOL!!!

Brian Chang

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #39   May 21, 2005 11:02 am
Thanks Brian, sounds like they really work well. I don't need one, I just throw my hi-lift blade on my RER and suck up everything, and I mean everything. Dog crap doesn't stand a chance.

I can see where they would really be beneficial. I had a neighbor once that mowed his lawn with a Jacobsen Reel Mower, and afterwards would take his Jacobsen Lawn Vac, much like yours and vacuum his lawn. He had a great looking lawn too!

Thanks.
Replies: 30 - 39 of 39Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42