Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Backpack Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lland

Backpack Blower
Original Message   May 14, 2005 8:54 am
I've been looking for a backpack blower for a while.  So, Thursday I get a flyer in the mail from Sears Hardware.  It lists 30% off all ceiling fans.  We want a fan for my son's room and the guest room si I figure I'd check them out.  On friday, I head over to a local store at lunch.  Not a lot to choose from and nothing that looks all that good so to kill some time I wak over to the OPE section.  Good selection, better than most "regular" Sears stores I've been in.  Nice day for browsing.

Next to the OPE section, there's a couple of shelves of clearance items.  On the shelf are some small pet supplies.  As I am looking at the turtle food (wondering why there is turtle food in a Sears Hardware store...and yes, I have a turtle...which is another long story...and six goldfish...and three dogs), I see a Husqvarna backpack blower.  145BT...which sells for $300 at Lowes and regularly goes for $250 or so (plus shipping) on eBay.  Good performance numbers, nice 40.2cc Kawasaki engine.  It's not in a box and missing a few parts - two pieces of the blower tube, some clamps, and the owner's manual.

I find a salesman and ask how much and if it's returnable if I don't use it (actually, I was sure Sears would take it back even if used).  Yes it was returnable and after checking the price...$179.03 (don't know where they got the $.03).  So I buy it figuring if I couldn't get the missing parts, I would just take it back.  The salesman also threw in a bottle of Husqvarna 2-stroke oil.  It runs on 50:1, same as my little Mantis tiller and line trimmer.

I called Sears Parts this morning, spoke to a very pleasant young lady in Mobile, Alabama and to make a long story short, the missing parts (except the manual which I downloaded and printed off the Husqvarna web site) will be here Thursday.  No charge.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Re: Backpack Blower
Reply #1   May 14, 2005 10:39 am
Now that is a DEAL! Nice buy! I would have jumped on that instead of my Echo...

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #2   May 14, 2005 11:05 am
Good snag there LL.

Sears really does come through for the customer sometimes.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Termy

Reply #3   May 14, 2005 12:50 pm
That looks like a really nice blower and you can't go wrong with a 40.2cc engine! You got all that for 300, WOW. If you went to Stihl's website and tried to get a blower the same sise, it would cost you like 400 bucks! Great buy and good deal, I hope that it lasts a long time!

By the way, get one for me too hehe
This message was modified May 14, 2005 by Termy

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #4   May 14, 2005 1:48 pm
Nah, Termy he got it fer $179. 
Good Deal, and Sears is known for shipping the missing parts free of charge.  Tell us how it feels after a while. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #5   May 14, 2005 10:33 pm
Nice score LL. I've been looking at that exact same blower. Every once in a while ya step in it.

Kevin

This message was modified May 15, 2005 by Vangellis

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42