Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 6.5hp Honda Powered Power Washer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PaulR

Browns, Cavs, Indians...just wait till next year!

6.5hp Honda Powered Power Washer
Original Message   May 9, 2005 4:44 pm
Well, I think I may have a nice scrap Honda Engine on my hands....While doing my yearly maintenance on all my OPE, I turned to the last remaining piece of equipment needing attention.  I removed the spark plug from the engine, and inspected the plug and all appeared to be fine.  Upon trying to reinstall the plug, I met more resistance than  usual when installing a spark plug.  I backed it out and then tried to thread it up again and made it a little further past my prior point, but then again hit more resistance than I thought I should when installing a spark plug.  Upon further inspection, I notice some metal shavings and that I had managed to strip a very nice engine with an expensive NGK spark plug.   Is my powerwasher shot?  Do I need to install a new head?  Is this something that most dealers could fix for me?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Would I be able to tap the threads?  If so, how would I clean the metal shavings out of the engine? 

Thanks.

Paul

John Deere GT 225 and 2305

Husqvarna 340

Honda UMK432LTA Trimmer

Bombardier Outlander 400XT

Briggs & Stratton Powerwasher to clean them all with.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42