Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 6.5hp Honda Powered Power Washer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PaulR

Browns, Cavs, Indians...just wait till next year!

6.5hp Honda Powered Power Washer
Original Message   May 9, 2005 4:44 pm
Well, I think I may have a nice scrap Honda Engine on my hands....While doing my yearly maintenance on all my OPE, I turned to the last remaining piece of equipment needing attention.  I removed the spark plug from the engine, and inspected the plug and all appeared to be fine.  Upon trying to reinstall the plug, I met more resistance than  usual when installing a spark plug.  I backed it out and then tried to thread it up again and made it a little further past my prior point, but then again hit more resistance than I thought I should when installing a spark plug.  Upon further inspection, I notice some metal shavings and that I had managed to strip a very nice engine with an expensive NGK spark plug.   Is my powerwasher shot?  Do I need to install a new head?  Is this something that most dealers could fix for me?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Would I be able to tap the threads?  If so, how would I clean the metal shavings out of the engine? 

Thanks.

Paul

John Deere GT 225 and 2305

Husqvarna 340

Honda UMK432LTA Trimmer

Bombardier Outlander 400XT

Briggs & Stratton Powerwasher to clean them all with.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Re: 6.5hp Honda Powered Power Washer
Reply #1   May 9, 2005 4:55 pm
Your local dealer should be able to install a heli coil and to remove the shavings you should remove the head.

Sherri

robmints

Reply #2   May 9, 2005 8:57 pm
Don't like Heli-coils.

You can get a thread repair insert. You should remove the head, drill and tap for the insert, install the insert. Some are held in place to keep from comming out with the plug with sealant, some with little tiny pins that are driven in with a special tool. If it is an old junker, head removal is optional.

The Heli-Coils I have seen are just a glorified spring.

Sherri, does Heli-Coil have something new? Do you like them better?
spottedpony

Reply #3   May 9, 2005 10:18 pm
if the threads arnt too badly damaged, why not just chase them with the proper size tap? ....same thing applys for chip removal of course, best way is pull the head
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #4   May 10, 2005 6:05 am
We use the heli coils all the time.  But like you said they look like glorified springs.  We've had success with them in many different applications that's why I suggested them.

Sherri

robmints

Reply #5   May 10, 2005 10:25 am
Thanks Sherri,

You and Chris have more experience with this stuff than i ever will.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42