Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Info For Those Who Are Reviewing Their OPE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Info For Those Who Are Reviewing Their OPE
Original Message   Apr 25, 2005 6:48 pm
It has come to my attention that many reviews in the OPE section are showing a $0.00 amount at the cost area. The reason this is happening is because you all are putting a $ in there along with the amount. You must not do this because the computer is already going to put one in ther for you. For example, if the amount for that trimmer you bought costs 400 dollars than type in 400.00

Thankyou for your cooperation in this matter. People want to know how much that OPE costs!

Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Info For Those Who Are Reviewing Their OPE
Reply #10   Apr 26, 2005 11:55 am
hmmm...

from my view under the soap box,i would say nice save Marshall.

hey Termy bring me a burger would you and maybe a blanket.

its kinda chilly here.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #11   Apr 26, 2005 12:18 pm
A big thank you to anyone who takes their time to post a review, (new or old, price added or not) as for reasons that are beyond me it brings internet searchs here to the site much faster than the forum posts themselves. 

I would be happy to fire off an E-mail to the admins of the site to see if over time they could add a extra box that says Canadian dollars for those that this would pertain to and you can pick which currency you use.  Or simply leave the currency box as a type in for you to add yourself.  What if you live in Australia or Europe?  This site is assessable world wide.  I see no reason for exclusion. 

As Dave pointed out there are many free internet sites that convert currencies for you and it only takes a minute.

I can also ask for a box that says purchased new or used, this way you can check off if it is a used unit you can place the price you paid there if you want and if it is a new unit the same thing goes.

I think if you list the price, great, if you don't, great too.  The review itself is the most important part.

The problem here lies with the review section itself IMHO.  It should have given us a new or used option from the beginning.  For example hypothetically lets say Marty pics up a nice older piece of used equipment and fixes it up, he puts the price in of say $10 as that is really what he paid for it.  The equipment is clearly worth more than that.  Now his review leaves quite a bit of confusion for a stranger visiting from a internet search that just found this same older piece of equipment in the local newspaper and wants to buy it for a few hundred.  Having a box to check off that says "used" vs "new" would clear that up right there.

Also some don't feel comfortable posting on a piece of equipment for a year or so or they just found our site and become a member and want to post a review and now that piece of equipment is used but has been a great piece of equipment for them and they want everyone to know it.  The post is still very valuable even if it is not "new".

Anyway, just some thoughts.

C

This message was modified Apr 26, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #12   Apr 26, 2005 12:24 pm
Sherri, I don't understand? Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post?

When I said "Termy, some of those have not been purchased by anyone", I was trying to relate to Termy that you have not bought these items you are reviewing and have no need to post a price. I was behind you all the way and have been since you started posting those reviews. You've never been under a box with me.

Termy

Reply #13   Apr 26, 2005 12:41 pm
I like that idea. A price box or something for other countries would be cool. We want to be a pro site right? Well, Peter mabie we can get this done ha? Well, let us know Peter if you can do this.

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #14   Apr 26, 2005 12:49 pm
I don't think Peter visits the site much at this point Chris.  I would send the letter higher up the food chain and let them get in contact with Peter.  That is why I mentioned it might take some time.

I would like to do this once so if anyone has any other ideas for the review section for me to mention feel free to post them.

ALL reviews in all the sections of this site help bring internet traffic to us so I would ask that the changes be made in all of the review areas.

At this point I have "new or used" and "currency" as features we would like to see added....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #15   Apr 26, 2005 1:45 pm
Marshall wrote:
Sherri, I don't understand? Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post?

When I said "Termy, some of those have not been purchased by anyone", I was trying to relate to Termy that you have not bought these items you are reviewing and have no need to post a price. I was behind you all the way and have been since you started posting those reviews. You've never been under a box with me.

I was just reminding people that I come from the OPE business, and that I don't have to buy the eqiupment.  Sorry if I upset you - I didn't mean to.  Snowshoveler is the one under a box - I hope Termy comes through with that burger and blanket for him - he really doesn't like the cold.

But the idea for a place to put in other currencies wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #16   Apr 26, 2005 1:51 pm
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
I was just reminding people that I come from the OPE business, and that I don't have to buy the eqiupment.  Sorry if I upset you - I didn't mean to.  Snowshoveler is the one under a box - I hope Termy comes through with that burger and blanket for him - he really doesn't like the cold.

But the idea for a place to put in other currencies wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sherri

Sherri, my word no, I'm not upset nor have I ever been.  
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #17   Apr 26, 2005 4:12 pm
**Comes over and hands Snowshovler a blanket and a BK Double Cheeseburger with a Hershey's Sundae Pie, and a Pepsi to wash it down**   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #18   Apr 26, 2005 4:25 pm
Well now he has two blankets lol. I already gave him one, and a cheeseburger and a soda and to top that off, I gave him a bucket of hot popcorn!

mrmom

Reply #19   Apr 26, 2005 5:36 pm
Pssst...... Snowshoveler.... here's a bottle of Captain Morgan to go with your pepsi. .....    Shhhhhh! (as I hold my index finger to my lips pointing up to my nose).
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42