Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What power washer do you recommend?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Wheels

What power washer do you recommend?
Original Message   Apr 21, 2005 4:50 pm
I'm looking to get a power washer in the 2400 to 2600 psi range.  Don't really want to spend more than $400 US.  What do you recommend?

I've had two electric ones from Home Depot and neither of them worked well.  I liked their portability and cost, but if they don't make the pressure, then it's a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Termy

Re: What power washer do you recommend?
Reply #7   Apr 21, 2005 9:51 pm
If you don't have a whole lot of area to preasure wash and you arn't going to preasure wash alot, I would recomend going with a 1,500PSI Electric model. Or if you need to be far away from a outlet, then a 1,500PSI Gas model.

If you do alot of preasure washing or need to do heavy preasure washing work, I would recomend a commercial 3,000PSI preasure washer.

If you have a industrial preasure washing buisness than you need a 6,000PSI preasure washer. These can be bought with heat accomodation aswell!

mrmom

Reply #8   Apr 22, 2005 12:03 am
Somebody say Walmart? Here's one with interesting specs at a decent price: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3762967 .

Sorry but I still have to figure out how to post links properly.

This message was modified Apr 22, 2005 by mrmom
Garandman

Reply #9   Apr 22, 2005 9:18 am
I wanted to get an electric but heard a lot of bad things about Karcher. I wound up buying a Campbell Hausfeld electric at WalMart for $148 or so. It's worked well for the intended purposes and is quick to set up. It remains to be seen how it will hold up after several years.

I looked at some of the smaller gas engine models and there wasn't a lot  to choose from at the different big box outlets. They all had B&S or Honda GC Series motors and the usual wand.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #10   Apr 22, 2005 6:32 pm
Hi...

Sounds like an electric model fits your needs/wants...

I've seen Karcher electrics at rental places... so they might be good...

I have a gas Karcher that's ~8 years old... bad experiences with it... especially service/parts... but I would consider their electric ones...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Garandman

Reply #11   Apr 23, 2005 8:01 am
Out of the stated price range but I saw a new one today at HB - a Ryobi with a 7hp OHV Robin Subaru engine.
Wheels

Reply #12   Apr 23, 2005 9:42 am
Dave in CT

I keep thinking an electric would be perfect also.  I could put it in the car with no gas fumes.  But I've had two electrics already.  Both were Husky brand from HD.  The first one worked fine for a few days of use last year.  Then it stopped working .  Took it back.  Just the other week I bought another Husky (1750 psi).  Set it up outside and it would not get up to pressure.  It would pass water, but not anywhere near the pressure it should.  Took it back also.

If anyone knows of a good brand of electric that makes pressure and lasts more than a few days, I would seriously consider it.  It would be one less thing I would have to worry about having stale gas in, and one thing less to keep track of oil changes for.

This message was modified Apr 23, 2005 by Wheels

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #13   Apr 24, 2005 3:47 am
Those electricsmake such an obscene noise it will make you crazy.  Lots of good pressurre washers on the market for a decent price.  Look for a Honda engine and Devilbis pump.  Then look for pneumatic tires and a nice cart.  Go about 2,000-2,400 psi range for your needs, you can always turn it down, but ya cant get more out of a lesser unit.  I see nice units like that all the time at stores.  Try lookin at Northern Tool.   They have great sales all the time. 
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #14   Apr 24, 2005 6:25 am
Garandman

Reply #15   Apr 24, 2005 9:38 am
Wheels, I bought a Campbell Hausfeld electric at WalMart. Because of the limits of  110v, wall plugs and length of cord, it seems like 1500 psi and 1.6gpm is about the best you can do. I'm not sure it's going to last any longer than the others. I've used it about a dozen times and so far so good. Not exactly a long-term torture test.

I store it in the basement and have to use it on a second story deck so a gas unit wasn't an option. It's worked well so far.
jubol

Reply #16   Apr 24, 2005 10:07 am

I've got a Karcher 360m Model, 1400 PSI.

Had it about 5 years, use it about 5 to 6 times ( Approx 6 hours each use)  a year with no problems.

I store in in my basement during the winter!!

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42